Aaron's Aquatics - Video Journal

Byron

@TropicalAquarist Tagging you cause of your PM.

I'm doing great, thanks! I should have left a message, but things have been crazy. I'm currently closing on a new house, so things have been nuts. I'm thinking about putting an update video together to go over what's been going on. Cheers!

Great to hear from you, sounds like you've been busy! Miss your videos!

• 2 weeks later...

Update 7/25/2017

Today was all about going over my plan to move my (2) 20 gallon shrimp tanks next month when I move houses. Honestly, a lot of this stuff is common sense, but I felt like putting it down just to give myself some peace of mind as well as potentially help others.

• 1 month later...

Update 9/4/2017

Just got back from a vacation to London and Berlin. This is an update on the status of my shrimp tanks and the impact Hurricane Harvey has had on my hobby. Because of it, I'm homing (2) ruby tetras which I'm nervous about, but I'm not going to not help a friend in need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update 9/22/2017

This week I decided it was time to clean my double sponge filters. I'm actually curious to see how often you guys clean yours (for those of you that do). I also only cleaned one and not both (I have a double sponge filter) to avoid a micro crash.

10/5/2017 - How To Catch Shrimp!

I'm planning my first shipment of shrimp, and the first step to that is to figure out how to catch them without swinging around a net for an hour. In this video journal, I go over how I build a DIY shrimp trap to do just that :D

Oh My gosh! I just spent the last 2 hours reading this journal and watching almost every single video. I got up to sept 15th  .  Ill finish tomorrow. I just want to say I loved the whole thing. I loved the videos and you got better and better at doing them as time went on.    It did not go unnoticed  that as time went on you started adding humor, clips, sound effects that made me laugh.  I hope you will keep going with this journal!    Also, I love your kitty.  :) 

On 10/5/2017 at 8:29 PM, Jadenlea said:

Oh My gosh! I just spent the last 2 hours reading this journal and watching almost every single video. I got up to sept 15th  .  Ill finish tomorrow. I just want to say I loved the whole thing. I loved the videos and you got better and better at doing them as time went on.    It did not go unnoticed  that as time went on you started adding humor, clips, sound effects that made me laugh.  I hope you will keep going with this journal!    Also, I love your kitty.  :) 

Haha, wow, thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I've changed a few things in terms of how I present the videos -- I figured I 'd toss in some humor to make it light :)

10/9/2017 - Shipping Shrimp!

Today is the first shipment of shrimp I'm making for a good friend of mine. I'm really nervous about it, especially because here in Texas it's in the low 90's, but I'm hoping I prepared well and there isn't a delay!