TDS fluctuations due to water volume

I'm curious what the maximum amount of variance or fluctuation in TDS you guys would consider safe. 

Due to having open top tanks, I get quite a bit of evaporation. I notice a difference of 10-25 in TDS before topping off at times. Big reason being is I don't get to top off on a daily basis so sometimes it's once every three days or so. 

This is a 10 gallon with fire reds and tigers that I don't get any breeding in whatsoever so I'm looking for reasons why that is. This tank has been up for over a year. 

I will definitely have to look into getting some glass cut or something to have a closed off top when I get a chance. 

TDS is about 200

GH - 8

KH - 2

pH - 7.6

Temp - 20c

I think variance matters within context so if the shrimp are used to lower TDS (say 100) for whatever reason, then a shift of 20 may be felt more keenly than if overall TDS is 250.

If they're not breeding then I wonder if params are fluctuating too much (as you may suspect), which is actually what I experienced, or they're still acclimating long term from params the breeder kept them in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk