Siamese algae eater...shrimp threat???

Ben2820

hi guys.. I am new here.. I am from chennai,, India I have a cement shrimp tank.( some what like a miniature pond... with lots of plants and snails and a sponge filter... the shrimp are breeding.. I also havee yellow, blue, black shrimp in it...will they interbreed? and if they do is it good... can i sell their offspring?, i also have a siamese algae eater also known as siamese loach... I am concerned that the loach will eat the baby shrimp?? they have lots of space to hide ... but. anyway...I am not sure.

Hi Ben,

The yellow blue and black shrimp are likely to be cherry shrimp (neocadidina). If so then they will interbreed and many of the babies will be "wild type" which are not usually very colourful - but can still have cool patterns.

As for the fish I am fairly certain it will eat at least some babies. If it is a SAE it will not be as dangerous as a loach as I understand it.

If you have lots of hiding places many of them might survive and grow to be adults though.

[emoji173] [emoji111] [emoji444]
Will