ph = 6.2-6.4

TDS = 142

Ammonia = 0

Nitrite = 0

Nitrate = 5ppm

gh = 6

kh = 0-1

Temperature = 72*F/22*C

Looks pretty good so far! Just tracked my shipment of CRS. Should still be here tomorrow. I'll do another quick water change tomorrow with Distilled water again to maybe bring those Nitrates down to 0 if possible. (Needed or just leave it and drip acclimate shrimp?)

6 hours ago, JLui83 said:

Just did a maybe 85-90% Water Change with DI water and Salty Shrimp gh+

ph = 6.2-6.4

TDS = 142

Ammonia = 0

Nitrite = 0

Nitrate = 5ppm

gh = 6

kh = 0-1

Temperature = 72*F/22*C

Looks pretty good so far! Just tracked my shipment of CRS. Should still be here tomorrow. I'll do another quick water change tomorrow with DI water again to maybe bring those Nitrates down to 0 if possible. (Needed or just leave it and drip acclimate shrimp?)

That's pretty low for Nitrates, I'd leave it be, You want some nitrates for the plants to feed on. Let the tank stabilize, and let the shrimp drip acclimate once they arrive.  I would also leave the tank be except for topping off for evaporation for the nest week or two.  Doing a big water change just before they are introduced will jostle the chemistry state of the tank, remember, stability.  I hope you meant RO water because DI water is going to spike your pH up.

Shrimp just came. Courty of The Garden of Eder. Grant was great with communication and shipment! Paid for 10 and got 12. Also some extra goodies too. (Snowflake food) Thanks again Grant!

Currently drip acclimating them

TDS in my tank is 153.   Water from the bag is 163. Not bad at all!

Temp is around 70-71 from the bag. My tank is 75. 

20170410_144302.jpg

Thanks!

I got an issue with the ro unit. The part that goes into the faucet doest fit. I just tried to find an adapter at lowes but no luck...... Not sure what im gonna do. Last resort they make a outdoor hose adapter. Guess i can buy that from purewaterclub.

Good thing is you probably won't have to do a water change for a bit. I would post your dilemma in the equipment section. Maybe one of the guru's here can give you an assist. I would be interested in this as well as I am going to need to pickup one of these soon.

Gender is correct. Just the size. Its what i get for buying a brand new house. Its ok. I just ordered the garden house adapter. Might be easier thjs way. I can take the waste water right to the lawn etc.etc. 

Plus the good water will be probably filled in 1 gallon jugs for storage.

Parameters are great for now

Temps around 73*F. Before the shrimp got here yesterday, I noticed that on days that are warmer. My office can get a little warm too. I decided to keep my lights off and check the water temp today and its hovering around 73*-74*. I doubt my LED lights add heat, but figured id monitor it. Also turned my heater down to 72*

Went to Home Depot with the aerators and adapter. They didn't have anything to work or the guy wasn't competent in this area. Also tried a plumbing specific store. No go as well.

So there is a brass adapter that goes into where the aerator goes but those threads are too big. Then there is the white adapter that connects to that where the hose goes. The part where the white adapter connects to the brass adapter is a odd measurement 55/64"-27. I flipped the brass adapter upside down to see if it will fit into my kitchen faucet aerator and it does. I came to my own conclusion that instead of using the brass adapter that the RO unit came with, I need to find a 55/64-27 male to male adapter to work with my kitchen faucet. I believe that may be my only option to use my kitchen faucet. IF not the garden hose adapter that I purchased via Amazon should suffice as well.

So i noticed that the Marimo Ball carpet wasn't that great of an idea. The shrimp and snails poop is visible on the green moss carpet. So I decided to take the carpet out and roll them back into balls again. Will have to take a pic tomorrow once the water has cleared. I also might end up taking a couple Marimo Moss Balls out too so I can focus more on the shrimp rather than the moss balls.