Shallow tank with overflow suggestions

So I'm planning on making a couple really shallow tanks with dividers and c2c overflows. I'm planning on keeping crystals and taiwan bees in these tanks. What I'm wondering is if my tanks will be too shallow and if the overflows will be a problem. I haven't finalized the order for the glass yet so I can still change it if it's too shallow. 

The tank dimensions I'm going for is going to be 36"X14"X6" (LxWxH). I'm going to put the 2 dividers in the tank so approximately 12"X14" for each section. Do you guys think the tank will be too shallow? Also has anyone had experience with shrimp and toothless overlfow weirs? I want to use overflows so i can connect 4 tanks to 1 sump because I plan on using a chiller as I don't think fans will be able to lower the temp enough during the summer. Temps during summer usually hit around 85-88f in my house. Would fans be able to lower the temp enough or should I just stick with a chiller?

I would definitely use a chiller. I have a 10 gallon rimless with TBs. My house temps get up to 84 in the summer unless I feel like spending a fortune in electric. I use a chiller on my little tank. Keeps the temp stable. Plenty of evaporation happening at those temps and a fan would only increase it so there's that aspect as well.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

What do you mean by toothless overflow wiers? I have a simple king of diy overflow setup on my 20l tank. It works fine so I guess it'll work on yours too. As for chillers don't stinge and just buy it. Firstly fans increase rate of evaporation and you will have to keep topping up water. Secondly they are ineffective and will only lower your water temperature by at most 10℃. On the other hand, a chiller can cool your tank below 15-20℃ your ambient temperature. Lower temperatures also reduce rate of evaporation. It's killing two birds with one stone!

Happy fishkeeping!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk