egg tumbler and fungus on eggs

wego21

Hello fellow shrimp keepers,

Today in the morning I came to my tank to find a dead berried shrimp. I am trying to save the eggs by removing them from the under carriage and putting them to a glass tumbler. This is my second time trying this. First time I failed because of fungus sticking to the eggs. The air flow makes the eggs slightly wave in the current so I know they have enough air circulating.

On the forum I am reading about success stories hatching the eggs, so I wanted to ask whether you guys have any way how to prevent fungus growing on the eggs? Any kind of medication or how do you remove the eggs and clean them to keep them healthy?

they need a little more movement, actually tumbling is best. maybe thats why yours get fungus on them.

We stopped selling the glass ones and replace them with these new models. they tumble the eggs MUCH better and easier to use.

https://www.discobee.com/collections/hardware/products/shrimp-ibron-incubator-egg-tumbler

Edited by bostoneric