strange blue bolts

Cappie49

Been a while since I posted but put a few pics on showing a chocolate coloured TB, usually pandas popping up in my tank. I isolated a few but the project failed after a heater stuck on. Anyway trimmed a load of plants out original tank on Saturday as it was really over grown and a bit neglected if im honest and noticed these two tonight. Blue bolts with brown rusty/ mottled heads. A chocolate panda is on the left hand side of pics.

Appreciate any insights into what they are if anything. 

20170403_193649.jpg

20170403_193752.jpg

I would be careful jumping to them classified as Steel Blue simply because authentic Steel Blue line take quite a bit of time and selective breeding. A lot of Blue Bolts I have noticed may have darker heads than bodies or vice versa. Looks like you just have a special coloration that you could as you stated selectively breed out.

I agree with DET. Steels don't just pop out of normal BB's they require selective breeding with specific crossings.

The coloration change can be a number of things:

- Water quality

- Foods

- Minerals in the water

- Stress

- Breeding

It's not always a simple clear cut reason why shrimps react the way they do.

I would be careful jumping to them classified as Steel Blue simply because authentic Steel Blue line take quite a bit of time and selective breeding. A lot of Blue Bolts I have noticed may have darker heads than bodies or vice versa. Looks like you just have a special coloration that you could as you stated selectively breed out.

As I said "line" the funky colour head is from the same hybrids same as most zebra they are mostly from tangtai but there are other hybrids you can get them from

Hybrids is my thing and this is what I study most people that have fishbone steels and backline has come from my studies ;)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replys. Never noticed any shell deformities. Lens on phone camera smashed off too. These been going for a few year now. Original stock were KKxTT around 8 I think and 2 OEBT. Then BBs added and pandas. Get a lot of fish bones popping up. No selective breeding basically just let them get on with it. Tried to isolate the brown but failed as mentioned above. Not claiming steels or anything special just thought I'd ask. 

I'll try for clearer pics and some of others in tank.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...