RODI system doesn't fit

I picked up a purewaterclub portable RODI unit 59gpd. I only have a 10'gal tank and won't really be needing too much RODI water. Maybe less than a gallon a week for top offs. Anyways, the brass adapter to replace the aerator in my sink doesn't fit. It's too big, any suggestions? I just bought the garden hose adapter from a Amazon. Hope that works for the garden hose, but I would like to use the faucet right next to the tank!

The gender of the adapter is correct. Just not the right size!

i went to Lowes trying to find something that will connect to the part were the hose connects to the adapter. Couldn't find anything, I don't even know what size it is.

Ill test my luck tomorrow at Home Depot.

ill take pics later.

For myself, I had to get 2 adapters to make mine work.  Like paulvh said take the aerator & the other end with you so they can at least tell you what each size is.  and worst case scenario you can buy 2 adapters or order one online.

Went to home depot and another plumbing specific store. No go for both. Not sure if the old man at home depot knew what he was talking about. I may have found the adapter online... And yes it WAS at home depot. Im going to go back and look for it and hopefully find a different worker to help.

Local hardware(ace, true value,ect..) people can get it right and usually have parts in stock. That's my first go too instead of big box stores.  Money stays in the community as well!

They also make an adapter that connects under the sink to the cold water line.  It goes between the wall and the line that goes to the sink, or between the line that goes to the sink and the sink.  That way you can keep the thing under the sink and you don't have to take it on and off each time you use it.

1 hour ago, OblongShrimp said:

They also make an adapter that connects under the sink to the cold water line.  It goes between the wall and the line that goes to the sink, or between the line that goes to the sink and the sink.  That way you can keep the thing under the sink and you don't have to take it on and off each time you use it.

Ive seen that adapter. I think overall the garden hose adapter might be a better fit for me at this point. Just because I forgot all about how much waster water is produced, I don't really want it going down the drain when I can water the lawn, garden, etc...... 

Even in the winter time, My front garden hose spigot is inside my garage so I can easily put the waste water into a 5 gal bucket and reuse.

Appreciate the help!

You can also get 55gal drums for cheap on Craigslist sometime

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LOL i have 2 food-grade 55 gallon drums in my basement..........I had big plans for my wastewater.  Even put a garden spigot in them.

As Oblong said, I found the seller on craigslist......they were 10 bones each.

I hate to admit it, but I never used them for wastewater.  My RO waste goes down my sump.

They currently get used to elevate water during changes :)

I have all my waste water go out the wall in the garage and down the hill.  Currently just getting dumped on the ground but now that it is warming up I plan on planting a bunch of flowers in the area.

19 hours ago, OblongShrimp said:

You can also get 55gal drums for cheap on Craigslist sometime

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You'll want to get the 'food grade' plastic ones like what Corn Syrup and such is shipped in.

• 8 months later...
On 4/15/2017 at 9:46 PM, JLui83 said:

Ok, got my garden hose adapter. Went to Lowes and picked up a Y connector for the actual hose and RODI unit. Those that have this purewaterclub portable unit. Do you lay the unit flat? Vertical? Or does it matter?

This is an old thread but Imo it doesn't matter I've tested both ways and it comes out the same either way. PWC also sells a standard kitchen sink adapter ($13) with a lever that allows you to shut on/off regular sink flow that also has connections for two lines. One is an outlet for the fresh water flow from the sink and another inlet that discharges the waste water through the sink faucet. I like the adapter myself because by funneling the water through the small outlet it actually increases the water pressure a little and helps the system function more efficiently.