Planaria bait

Axelrodi202

What is the best way to draw out planaria?

I have a few in my tank. Not enough to see them crawling all over the tank at night, but enough that I've had a few shrimp attacks and deaths so far. I will be treating the tank with drugs but want to make sure there are no survivors by the end of the treatment, to help me decide if further treatment is needed. Thus I want a good way to draw out any potential survivors.

Theoretically there should be none left, but I want a way to be 100% sure. The tank is a 120 so I fear there's a higher chance there could be some survivors. I only feed once a week so overfeeding is not the issue; their presence in the tank is.

I'm starting to hear about usage of multiple treatments to ensure that the ones that are eggs during the first treatment are also killed. Does anyone have experience with this?

Very true! Unfortunately even close monitoring can be tough. The only reason I know I have them is because I saw the aftermath of an attack recently. Staring at the tank (during lights out) for quite a while after the fact failed to yield any sightings. So if there are survivors and I can draw out even one that will be good enough for my purposes to know treatment needs to be continued.

If anyone has further info on the egg issue it would be much appreciated.