Magnetic Corner HMF by Printed Reef Solutions?

Planning a reboot of a 6g cube, and want to switch to HMF. I like the Printed Reef Solutions corner compact design since it's a small tank, but wondering if anyone has any experience with it and can provide some pros and cons? The Swiss Tropical ones are much cheaper, but I don't want to silicone the brackets and prefer a more elegant solution but I'm not sure how well the magnetic one works in practice. Open to alternatives though.

I think @TheGardenofEder has been running this for a few months would be great if you can chime in, thanks!

9 hours ago, TheGardenofEder said:

If you don't mind the price their worth it. 

Do the magnets keep a good enough seal so that shrimp can't get around or past it? What pump are you using to power it?

1 hour ago, dazalea said:

Looks nice but to me the price is on the high side and its nothing a dual sponge filter can't accomplished in terms of surface area (its comparable IMO)

Totally agreed, but dual sponges is pretty unwieldy and not the nicest look in a small tank. And one big benefit is the outflow. Sponge filters move some water, but the direction is upward, vs. the horizontal outflow of the HMF.

But arghhh, yeah the price!

12 hours ago, ibebian said:

Totally agreed, but dual sponges is pretty unwieldy and not the nicest look in a small tank. And one big benefit is the outflow. Sponge filters move some water, but the direction is upward, vs. the horizontal outflow of the HMF.

But arghhh, yeah the price!

If your talking about appearance wise then yes the corner HMF does look much more streamline. I don't think it terms of outflow or water movement you are sacrificing anything major by using a sponge filter instead.

I think that the upward bubble flow does not displace as much surface area as the horizontal flow. Once the bubbles break the surface their energy is release fighting all that gravity ? The horizontal flow will carry surface movement all the way across the tank which would increase gas exchange