Low gH and symptoms of molting problems?

Is gH of 3 too low for Caridina cantonensis? I see 4-6 or 4-8 being cited as the range they need but it seems that 3 is close enough.

However I've had random deaths 1-2 at a time with no other obvious explanation (ideal params, RO water) and now I'm wondering if they're due to trouble molting. What are some telltale signs of molting problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be bacterial infection. Unlike neos, it is VERY difficult to tell if you have bacterial infection for caridina.

Yeah that could very well be the case too. Temp tends to stay on lower side, 71-74 max (74 is rare). Yeah hard to spot any kind of milky body, so how else can we diagnose it? Could feeding too much bacterial powder foods trigger that?

10 minutes ago, ibebian said:

Yeah that could very well be the case too. Temp tends to stay on lower side, 71-74 max (74 is rare). Yeah hard to spot any kind of milky body, so how else can we diagnose it? Could feeding too much bacterial powder foods trigger that?

One thing many people fail to realize is that lower temps does not mean you'll never get a bacterial infection. As you know, the higher the temperature, the faster bacteria grows/populate. If the bacteria powder foods are overdosed or dosed too often and is left in the tank to decay and rot, this is when problems start to happen.