Taiwan Bee Journey- Blue Bolts

JLui83

Day 24

-Nitrites are still through the roof!

I won a breeder box from a facebook group page. I went ahead and ordered some Blue Bolts. They will be temporarily housed inside this breeder box. The box is actually pretty neat. 7.5"x4x4. Plenty big enough for the small juvie shrimp temporarily.

In the breeder box, I added some SL Aqua Soil, Alder cones, Marimo Balls and some frogbit. Breeder box is in my other established tank btw.

20170524_184937.jpg

20170524_184945.jpg

Day 30

Nitrites = 0 !!!!

Nitrates = between 20ppm.... Interesting. I thought this was going to be through the roof. Im guessing the Mosura bt-9 is taking care of the Nitrates.

Dosed 2.5ml of ammonia

Hopefully by tomorrow i will see no ammonia and no nitrites. My blue bolts are ready for their new home!

• 1 month later...

Oh wow sorry yes. 

I believe since the tank had so much algae and biofilm this helped the growth of all the shrimp. I added all the blue bolts into the tank and in about 1 month later I found a berried female. All except one shrimp look to be or close to adult size already! The one must be the runt of the group. 

Ive added some red root floaters in the tank as well as some snails to help clean up. 

Ill add add some pics tomorrow. 

As of right now I have 3 berried females! So exciting. No baby shrimp yet. I expect the first batch to come by the end of the month. The tank looks like same other than the  subwassertang has grown a little bit. Here's one of the berried females and the photobomb from a snail

image.jpg

• 4 months later...

The shrimp have gone crazy and multiplied a lot! I do maybe a 10%-15% water change every 2-3 weeks or so. 

Feed them hem a little bit of bacter ae everyday and then feed again other stuff later in the day. 

All the white spots are babies lol. Hard to pick them up without macro lens. 

Found a couple red red bolts in the mix. I’m tempted to move them over to my CRS tank so I have all red in one tank and all blue in the other

B2C1A769-33C9-4A8B-B1A6-DBC43CBCCFBD.jpeg

5E4E1C15-9FCA-4B88-A5FE-B963396E8C3B.jpeg

14240892-A4B7-4DAA-934E-A56503C0F776.jpeg

I was able to take out about 6-7 what appeared to be RED BOLTS from this BLUE BOLT tank. I took them and placed them into my CRS tank. CRS tank was getting a bit lonely and not producing. Hopefully the addition of some new shrimp in there it will help spice things up!

I checked the parameters of both tanks and surprisingly enough there were almost identical! Different substrate but, TDS, GH, PH all the same....I'll update once i see something worth updating. Until then, happy shrimping!

• 4 months later...

Been a while since I updated this.

The tank has been stable and the baby blue bolts have been getting bigger. I haven't seen and berried shrimp for months though.

TDS is around 120

GH 6

Other parameters have been the same.

Not sure why i'm not getting any more berried shrimp. any ideas?

Maybe b/c ive been neglecting water changes? over the past 2 weeks i started to do weekly water changes again. Around 10%. Hopefully that will spark things up again.

576DA155-D6B7-4486-B3C6-3C34FFCF290D.jpeg

208645B5-547A-4717-9E1D-7F01B749AC55.jpeg