Cherry shrimp grade "A"... Meaning?

I see this on many websites and videos that people call cherry shrimps grade A or AA or whatever. I thought Cherry shrimp worked on another scaling system like sakura, fire red and so on... So what grading system is the "A" system them? I'd appreciate any help :)

52 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

grade A is your standard cherry shrimp.  some red "patchy" colors on the shell.  low quality.

not sakura, not fire red, not pfr.

Ah, I see. so up to what grade does this go? A, AA, AAA and... what more? can this also count for sakura, Fr, Pfr, Ect, for example a grade AA Sakura? correct me if im wrong but thanks for the help.

13 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

it is generally referred to as you mentioned earlier with neos.(standard, sakura, fire red, painted fire red) this would be similar to the (a, s, ss, sss) grading system.

Similar to... lol, I don't know that grading system either. I thought thats for caridina shrimps tho and I don't keep those.

Just now, chappy6107 said:

welcome to the world of shrimp

Well, that's why it is appreciated when someone explains something, because it makes one not consider leaving the hobby.

I agree.

there are endless grading systems.   even when you think your shrimp are something specific, someone else will think it is different.  we do our best to seperate the culls and keep the best of the best in one tank, but in the end it just comes down to "here are my shrimp & this is what I am asking $$ for them"  It is then up to the buyer to decide if that price is what they feel good about paying for the quality of shrimp they are getting.

1 hour ago, chappy6107 said:

I agree.

there are endless grading systems.   even when you think your shrimp are something specific, someone else will think it is different.  we do our best to seperate the culls and keep the best of the best in one tank, but in the end it just comes down to "here are my shrimp & this is what I am asking $$ for them"  It is then up to the buyer to decide if that price is what they feel good about paying for the quality of shrimp they are getting.

Ah, I see. I understand that, but being into plant genetics and keeping carnivorous plants, crossbreeding those guys, I want to be able to know how I can name my own shrimps when I breed them, so it's quite important for me.

In Caradina it hoes from kinda lame C grade to A and the next grade after that is S then S+ , SS and SSS. The higher the grade the more sensitive to parameters they become as well.