Artificially hatching eggs.

So, I finally moved my shrimp to their permanent home. a berried female died and I got her eggs off of her body, placed them in a small tankie with tank water (which I will change once or twice daily with tank water) and floated the tankie in the shrimp tank to keep temperatures equal. is there anything else I could do to help them hatch?

(I don't mind the tannins, nor is the tank 100 percent completely aquascaped yet. the lighting makes everything darker, but things are actually brighter than that. damned blackberry camera -_- )

IMG_20170522_232124.jpg

IMG_20170522_232104.jpg

9 minutes ago, chappy6107 said:

you probably need water constantly moving around them instead of sitting in the cube

yup, I know that. I cant do that though. I have no net for them so I don't have any other option.

1 hour ago, ItsCRAYCRAY said:

Get a shrimp egg incubator on amazon, place the eggs in there, and attach to a air pump. Worked for me.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Which I'll probably only use once to three times in 3 years. that and shipping takes 2 months to get to south africa.

I will take a look at it though. maybe I can make one... sorry if I seemed rude, heh... that counts for anyone reading my comments :(

1 hour ago, Shrimporama said:

so add an air pump to what you have and keep up with frequent water changes. I applaud you for trying to hatch them.

Thanks, I'll keep updating :)

I would think an air stone with an adjustable valve to control volume and the amount of tumbling would help.  Also maybe a homemade lift tube (1.5cm plastic tubing with air stone attached to 45mm air line inside) to bring in fresh water from the tank as well.

12 minutes ago, oem said:

I would think an air stone with an adjustable valve to control volume and the amount of tumbling would help.  Also maybe a homemade lift tube (1.5cm plastic tubing with air stone attached to 45mm air line inside) to bring in fresh water from the tank as well.

Aye, that would make for a decent DIY hatching chamber thing. I'll look into making on ASAP but yeah, can't really do it for now.