Does more light help biofilm

Ron.b4

Well, I am not too knowledgeable about biofilm, but I would say if you are looking for a way to increase the amount of biofilm in a short amount of time, there could be a few ways to make sure you can maximize biofilm. 

Correct me anyone if I am wrong.

1. Bacter ae can help you with biofilm, but if ur not interested in spending money, then....

2. Have driftwood, moss, almond leaves so that the biofilm can get all over it.

3. Time would be one of the most important factors. I think it takes time for biofilm to grow, so patience may be a virtue here xD

4. Sorry if I didnt help by now, but I would assume light, proper water temp, and organic load will all help with the biofilm. Not sure if there is a way to compare which factor would be more important... but my best guess would be that making sure all your factors are taken into consideration to yield the best result.

I think having a cycled tank is number 1 and then you can have the bio film start to grow. I dont think bio film grows in an uncycled tank. 

I hope I may have helped you xD

A fishless cycle gives your shrimp a good base when starting a shrimp tank.  But adding decent lighting will grow algae the shrimp will consume, and the volume of food grown, compared to bacteria, will be greater because algae takes inorganic nutrients and makes living cells out of it with the help of light.

Thanks for the comments. I've been experimenting with prioritizing each of the different components in different tanks and it seems that the organic content of the water (which is food for the biofilm) and the temperature seem to make the most difference. It's hard to see much difference that can be attributed to just the light, although it is a positive.