Oregon grape root powder

Wondering if anyone uses or has used this in their tanks. Seems like it would be a good addition to the regiment as it has the potential to block the ability of bacteria rejecting antibiotics. I am thinking this would be great in conjunction with the use of products that contain bacillus like Bacter AE and BT-9 as the bacteria naturally produce an antibiotic. It may even be able to help with bacterial infections in shrimp. It contains Berberine. From the US library of medicine; "Berberine has demonstrated significant antimicrobial activity against a variety of organisms including bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoans, helminths and chlamydia." Any experience or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have never heard of it or people using it in their tanks.  If you give it a try though please share your results!  Preventing  bacterial infections would be useful but I wonder if it would inhibit beneficial biofilm growth as well.

I know people have used it with fish, but there is very little info however. Being safe for inverts and biofilm growth are definitely a must. At the least it may be able to be used and then break down over a few days much like Predator by Green Pepper Shrimps. I will keep researching! I also came across Astragalus membranaceus root, which looks promising as well. It may be time for some experiments soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Keep us posted!