Help Extremely urgent!!!!!

I dont know why my Red cherry shrimps, are dying!!! Like every 1-2 days 1 of my shrimps are dying! They arrived wendsday the shrimp. So is it just them geting used to the tank??? I heard that the 1st 4 days is very crucial to them. All my levels are perfectly fine. Amonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10 ph 6.8 high range PH 7.4 Kh 3 GH 10 TDS 240 everything is perfectly fine. What should i do??? Please help!! Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I dont know why my Red cherry shrimps, are dying!!! Like every 1-2 days 1 of my shrimps are dying! They arrived wendsday the shrimp. So is it just them geting used to the tank??? I heard that the 1st 4 days is very crucial to them. All my levels are perfectly fine. Amonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10 ph 6.8 high range PH 7.4 Kh 3 GH 10 TDS 240 everything is perfectly fine. What should i do??? Please help!! Thanks!!

How did you acclimate them?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

76 in early morning with no lights, and 79-81 for the whole day with lights

That seems fine. Just know higher temps means they are more active and probably have a shorter lifespan. Yeah, do you use remineralizer? If may be a molting problem. What do you feed and how often and how do you clean?

That seems fine. Just know higher temps means they are more active and probably have a shorter lifespan. Yeah, do you use remineralizer? If may be a molting problem. What do you feed and how often and how do you clean?

No i dont. I feed them 1-2 pellets of that food from aquatic,arts website, and they have tons of java moss, and an indian leaf. I just did a waterchange today of 1 gallon from my 10 gallon tank.

yea thats on the high side for 4/15 shrimp to die. Usually when people buy imported shrimp (from someone who imports them from overseas, and then sells them here) there is a die off for sure. Its recommended to start with homebred shrimp (bred by a hobbyist in the usa) when you can, they are hardier, healthier.

yea thats on the high side for 4/15 shrimp to die. Usually when people buy imported shrimp (from someone who imports them from overseas, and then sells them here) there is a die off for sure. Its recommended to start with homebred shrimp (bred by a hobbyist in the usa) when you can, they are hardier, healthier.

Aquatic arts is from Indianapolis, and im from illinois

I think what I mean to say is that it doesn't matter if you get shrimp shipped or not. Its where they came from. The shrimp aquatic arts sells they don't breed those. They get them from Asia. Then they resell them to you. those shrimp are more prone to issues and stress. However shrimp raised here in the usa are not.

Edited by dazalea

I think what I mean to say is that it doesn't matter if you get shrimp shipped or not. Its where they came from. The shrimp aquatic arts sells they don't breed those. They get them from Asia. Then they resell them to you. those shrimp are more prone to issues and stress. However shrimp raised here in the usa are not.

Wow! I didnt know that!

1 minute ago, joeyb347 said:

Wow! I didnt know that!

Alot of people don't, especially people new to the shrimp hobby. Its not that ALL imported shrimp are "bad" there are just some risks associated with buying them (some of those risks are die off from stress/ diseases etc) and so I am just pointing you out so that you know the difference, don't get discouraged and can make educated decisions as you progess in this hobby :)

Edited by dazalea

No i dont. I feed them 1-2 pellets of that food from aquatic,arts website, and they have tons of java moss, and an indian leaf. I just did a waterchange today of 1 gallon from my 10 gallon tank.

You shouldn't feed too often maybe 2-3x per week and never leave leftover food in there more than a few hours. Reminerakizer using salty shrimo gh and kh can be helpful if it is a molting problem but some other people line to use liquid remin. You can do a 20% water change every week or 2. What's most important is stability. At least a 10 gal tank possibly even 20 gal can help decrease likelihood of rapid fluctuations. Generally you may have a few die off initially as adult shrimp are less likely to cope with switch in water params compared to juveniles. Did you test water params of the original water?

3 hours ago, dazalea said:

This is even harder to do because now pretty much anyone on FB has access to import themselves through a group buy. How many will be honest and say they are imported rather than homebred just to make a sales?

15 hours ago, OMG Aquatics said:

This is even harder to do because now pretty much anyone on FB has access to import themselves through a group buy. How many will be honest and say they are imported rather than homebred just to make a sales?

I think you are right about there being an opportunity for dishonesty. But at the same time its about reputation too. Buy from people who you trust, come recommended or are known to sell quality homebred shrimp. I know of quite a few hobby breeders who sell awesome shrimp, both neos and caridina. I personally have sold thousands of neocaridina shrimp and not one time has anyone complained about die off or illness. I can say the exact same thing from hobby breeders I bought from. The neocaridinas I bought from hobby breeders have always done very well, never much die off, most of the time no die off and never any illness. Also the quality was excellent too.  If someone needs a lead, I know plenty of good hobby breeders I can recommend, and have recommended when someone asks me for something I don't have -I know where to direct them.