Blue dwarf cray ID

Luva

I got this little guy a few days ago from a LFS (Pacific Aquarium) and they were just labeled blue dwarf cray which is vague. Wondering if anyone can give me an idea of a real name? I've done some research in general but this is my first cray. He is in a 7.5g with a few shrimp and betta. There lots of places to hide and I don't see him much. Can I get more? Should I get more?

newroomiesforluva.jpg

4 hours ago, OMG Aquatics said:

http://www.theshrimptank.com/shrimp-catalog/blue-dwarf-crayfish/

They will usually turn blue when in pH lower than 7.0

When you look super close his marking are kinda blue. I'm not too concerned about that though. My shrimp are plenty blue. I just want to watch him do crawfish stuff and not eat his roomates. So far so good. And I want to make sure he gets what he needs.

2 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

does it chase your shrimps?

Not so far. All the tiny crays at the store were living with shrimp. That is the only reason I bought him. 

• 6 months later...

This guy sorta looks like a Cajun dwarf crayfish, I just recently found out about them. If he his, he will be fine with shrimp, and he should be fine in a small tank. He should do even better in these circumstances than an orange dwarf crayfish, actually. Good luck with him, he is adorable!