Shrimps dying one by one HELP!

I have a mixed neocaridina shrimp tank and day by day one would die slowly.. The tank have been cycled for 2 months before I introduced the shrimps.

Here are my water parameters:

KH 3/4

GH 4

Ph of 7.2

Tempt of 77.2 F

Tested for copper and showed negative.

Any suggestions or inputs to why the shrimps kept on dying?

I have a mixed neocaridina shrimp tank and day by day one would die slowly.. The tank have been cycled for 2 months before I introduced the shrimps.

KH 3/4
GH 4
Ph of 7.2
Tempt of 77.2 F

How long did you acclimate them, and how?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

KH 3/4
GH 4
Ph of 7.2
Tempt of 77.2 F

Also how long have you had them for? Ive had the same problem! I ordered them from aquatic arts, and 9 out of the 15 died... it supposedly from the shrimps being stressed... ive ordered some through ebay, and none died so far! I guess it seems like its just some sellers dont sell good quality shrimp.

14 minutes ago, joeyb347 said:

Also how long have you had them for? Ive had the same problem! I ordered them from aquatic arts, and 9 out of the 15 died... it supposedly from the shrimps being stressed... ive ordered some through ebay, and none died so far! I guess it seems like its just some sellers dont sell good quality shrimp.

I got mine from Aquatic Arts as well. ordered a total of 30 shrimps and now i have only 8 left.. They molt perfectly I've seen lots of molts in the tank and some used to be berried. Are my water parameters good for shrimps?

I got mine from Aquatic Arts as well. ordered a total of 30 shrimps and now i have only 8 left.. They molt perfectly I've seen lots of molts in the tank and some used to be berried. Are my water parameters good for shrimps?

Yea your WATER PATAMATERS ARE good! Whats your TDS?

Whats your ammonia and nitrite and nitrate?

6 minutes ago, joeyb347 said:

Yea your WATER PATAMATERS ARE good! Whats your TDS?

Have just ordered a TDS meter and its coming tomorrow. will be checking it as soon as i received them. What's the suitable TDS level tho?

5 minutes ago, joeyb347 said:

Whats your ammonia and nitrite and nitrate?

Lost my test kit but its coming tomorrow as well. This is what I'm afraid of but will be posting the results as soon as i tested them!

Lost my test kit but its coming tomorrow as well. This is what I'm afraid of but will be posting the results as soon as i tested them!

Put them on here tomorrow! My TDS is 53 and my shrimps are doing perfect! And my other tank is 250TDS and they are perfect as well! I heard anything over 300 is very risky!

some of aquatic arts shrimp are imported.  This by itself could be your problem.  It is not impossible, but imported shrimp tend to be more stressed due to the constant moving from one place to another with different water parameters.  It is best to find some that are U.S. bred.

post your #'s when you get your test kit & TDS meter.

22 hours ago, joeyb347 said:

Put them on here tomorrow! My TDS is 53 and my shrimps are doing perfect! And my other tank is 250TDS and they are perfect as well! I heard anything over 300 is very risky!

12 hours ago, chappy6107 said:

some of aquatic arts shrimp are imported.  This by itself could be your problem.  It is not impossible, but imported shrimp tend to be more stressed due to the constant moving from one place to another with different water parameters.  It is best to find some that are U.S. bred.

Just checked the TDS and it shows 370.. How do you lower the TDS

Sadly the test kid have been delayed and it should be arriving by tomorrow.

Just checked the TDS and it shows 370.. How do you lower the TDS

Sadly the test kid have been delayed and it should be arriving by tomorrow.

Buy purified water or buy RO Water. Thats what i use. To lower TDS do 25% water changes every 2 days, with either purified water or RO water! You dont want to do the water changes everyday because you will most likely kill your shrimp...

5 minutes ago, joeyb347 said:

Buy purified water or buy RO Water. Thats what i use. To lower TDS do 25% water changes every 2 days, with either purified water or RO water! You dont want to do the water changes everyday because you will most likely kill your shrimp...

370 in the cornered part of the tank and 307 on the water area on top of the tank. Are water that is drinkable from the fridge Purified?

370 in the cornered part of the tank and 307 on the water area on top of the tank. Are water that is drinkable from the fridge Purified?

Its your oppinion, buy i would NOT recommend that. I would buy it. Its like 69cents a gallon.

4 minutes ago, joeyb347 said:

Its your oppinion, buy i would NOT recommend that. I would buy it. Its like 69cents a gallon.

the tds of my water from the fridge shows a tds of 120, Tap water tds of 170. but when i tried adding a dechlorinator on the water it'll show a tds of 270 something. 

the tds of my water from the fridge shows a tds of 120, Tap water tds of 170. but when i tried adding a dechlorinator on the water it'll show a tds of 270 something. 

I use a declorinator in one of my tanks, and not in my other tanks, and they are doing fine! I buy my purified water, or use my filtered water at home! So i only use the declorinator once a month in that 1 tank.

2 minutes ago, joeyb347 said:

I use a declorinator in one of my tanks, and not in my other tanks, and they are doing fine! I buy my purified water, or use my filtered water at home! So i only use the declorinator once a month in that 1 tank.

so you just refill your tank after water changes with a purified water that does NOT use any dechlorinator? 

23 hours ago, joeyb347 said:

Post your parameters tomorrow! :)

On 6/6/2017 at 7:02 AM, chappy6107 said:

Just bought 5 gallons of RO water from my LFS. the TDS is 5 and will be doing a WC soon. Question: do i add solutions like prime or conditioner to the RO water?

Also, just received my kit. and will be testing the water parameters after doing the WC.

no prime or any other dechlorinator.  just change out 10 - 20% of the tank water with that ro water.  You will need to get some shrimp remineralizer if you plan to use only ro water.  otherwise you can mix ro water with dechlorinated tap water say 50/50 to get lower tds