Bloody Mary tank

Fenris

They are finally here !!

I show you my first shrimp tank ever, so please be nice if i did something wrong. 

IMG_20170623_165217_zpsniqaebcj.jpg

It's a 15 gallon tank with some amano rocks, Bucephalandras sp. 'mini Catherinae', and a wall made of weeping moss but it still have to grow a lot to cover the entire wall although it's growing.

Despite what you are seeing on the picture the water is clearer every day.

The inhabitants are 10 Bloody mary and some planorbis and tuberculata.

IMG_20170623_105324_zpsg304kzmw.jpg

I feed them with Ebi dama and they love it

IMG_20170623_105431_zpshlrbvxxy.jpg

IMG_20170623_105340_zps3y17pfaz.jpg

IMG_20170623_105411_zpstdm8ktut.jpg

I hope you enjoyed as much as i do and let me know what do you think about my tank. 

Hi Fenris.   I'm glad you took the plunge into shrimp keeping as I did a year and a half ago.

I have had "black water" tanks using all natural materials and find nothing wrong with suspended algae in the water.  I'm thinking to help minimize the growth and clear up the water, I would limit the amount of light a little.  An inexpensive timer would help out.  I use them on my tanks and have a healthy algae growth on the substrate and objects on the tank floor with clearer water. 

The Bloody Mary's here in the U.S. are more translucent in nature then the shrimp in your tank, but they are beautiful shrimp anyhow.  My Grandchildren and I spend lots of time watching my shrimp and looking for differences in color in the colony.  Enjoy Friend!