Orange shrimp ID

Auratus

Hello everyone,

A while back I purchased some orange shrimp from LFS. They were sold as Sunkist shrimps. Recently I saw some orange neos that look very different- also sold as Sunkists at the same store, and I wonder if what I have are also neos, or not?  One thing I can say is the batch of Sunkists I have are smaller in size than all my other neos.  See attached picture. Thanks for any comments!

Auratus

image.jpg.1d49d09030bb59732d9f5b74c411d16a.jpg

Newer "Sunkists" which look like my yellow cherries except for the orange color. They are all at least 50% bigger than the largest female in the original group.  Also the individual sections of their exoskeleton are more visible/distinguishable.

image.jpg.665510588e4f4fd5ff16064f47e63a3a.jpg

image.jpg.eaf00f47a9cb7fbf526afbf57ee7aec1.jpg

Are both groups orange neos despite the differences? Both are living in neocaridina water parameters- I hope that is appropriate.  Any guidance or comments are truly welcomed.

A

Have u gotten babies from the first original batch? There is a diff species of orange shrimp called Sunkist however it has a visibly longer body/ obvious hump at the tail. However your original batch does not show any sign of a hump. It's possible the second group is just older shrimp. I have had red Rili and red cherry both giant, about 1.5inches but they were very old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ohmiko for responding. Yes, this is not the first generation of the original batch, although previously they were housed in lower pH/ kH water when they bred.  Since moving into the new tank with neocaridina parameters a month ago, the first berried female is the one you see in the pictures. Have not had babies swimming around yet, but I am hopeful.

A

I believe both are orange neocaridina just from different sources. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk