WTB Blue Bee (Caridina sp.)

schleppey

I have to be honest I am a little skeptical these stunning shrimp exist as I feel they would be far more popular. To clarify I am talking about http://www.planetinverts.com/Blue_Bee_Shrimp.html. A shrimp I have never seen on a video or in a store so this is a long shot lol. If anyone is lucky enough to breed these little guys I am only looking for 5 shrimp. Blue shrimp are my go to and these would be a perfect addition to my collection. Even if you do not have them for sale but have experience with them I would love to hear about it. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure they do exist although they're really not all that popular. That article also lists them as Caridina, which seems to be incorrect. They're most likely referring to Paracaridina. The glamour shots are really nice but if you see what they look like with a potato, you'll probably be less impressed. I think the blue coloration is a sign of stress and they might be more brown normally.

paracaridina_blue_bee.jpg

There were more people selling them 2012-2013, although there are some sales on Aquabid from ~2014-2015.

(btw, I'm probably wrong about all of this. All the information above is from 15 minutes of searching inspired by your post)

rostick555, who is a user on this forum, sold some a couple years back. Maybe he can point you to someone else who has some? 

Good luck!

here is a Website where you can buy Blue Bee Shrimp. It is in German though. FYI I do not read or Speak German. I use Google translate.

Hope this is what your looking for!!!

https://www.garnelen-tom.de/zwerggarnelen-shop/Blue-Bee-Garnele-DNZ

I had bought some on eBay a couple years ago. I've seen them sold as Paracardinia however rather than Caridina. That may or may not help your search haha.

• 8 months later...
I have to be honest I am a little skeptical these stunning shrimp exist as I feel they would be far more popular. To clarify I am talking about http://www.planetinverts.com/Blue_Bee_Shrimp.html. A shrimp I have never seen on a video or in a store so this is a long shot lol. If anyone is lucky enough to breed these little guys I am only looking for 5 shrimp. Blue shrimp are my go to and these would be a perfect addition to my collection. Even if you do not have them for sale but have experience with them I would love to hear about it. Thanks.
I just lost two I had [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk