Is my shrimp pregnant?

Hi I have some freshwater shrimp - I have very little knowledge about shrimp. 

One of the shrimp looks to have eggs inside it but it has been like this for several weeks (I'd say around two months).

I'm completely clueless about shrimp breeding processes but will it lay these eggs and will they hatch?

I've attached some photos of my shrimp.

IMG_9150.JPG

IMG_9153.JPG

IMG_9146.JPG

Yes, your Shrimp is berried. I do not know anything about the Kind of Shrimp you have wheather it requires saltwater for the hatchlings to form or freshwater.

1 hour ago, JonRon said:

Yes, your Shrimp is berried. I do not know anything about the Kind of Shrimp you have wheather it requires saltwater for the hatchlings to form or freshwater.

It's a freshwater shrimp so I don't imagine it needs saltwater??

It's been like this for a while? Do you know when I could expect hatchlings?

Can you see the individual eggs hanging from her undercarriage?  From the photo it looks like they are still in the body cavity.   If the are still inside her they will probably be reabsorbed, especially if she is a first time mom and it has been a couple of months.  Good Luck and let us know what happens.    Mike

From what I can tell by looking at your Shrimp is that it requires saltwater for the hatchlings to Morph into Little shrimplets. The reason I suspect this is because most of the freshwater Shrimps who hatch their eggs in freshwater will have somewhere around 20 eggs give or take. and the ones who require saltwater will have hunderds. And it Looks like your Shrimp has hundreds of eggs under her.

If I am wrong will someone correct me please

WHAT KIND OF SHRIMP IS THIS????

Looks like Amano shrimp.  Yes, berried.  Search this forum or google for breeding amano shrimp, as JonRon has stated the process requires saltwater in specific concentrations.  There have been a few TSS forum members that have successfully raised amano past larval stage.

• 4 weeks later...

Amanos are fresh water shrimp but the larva need brackish water to survive. I also had a berried ammano that was berried for a really long time but the catchings never survived. There are instructional articles where people tried and succeeded at breeding ammano shrimp. But frankly it's a lot of work.