Are these orange cherry shrimp or just wild type?

Hello all!

I've been breeding red cherry shrimp for a couple of months, trying to make them, well, red. Suddenly I had a two or more clutches with orange shrimps in my "discard" tank. Seven days apart-ish, so different mothers but maybe same father. Are these a revert to wild type and basically a waste of time, or do they have some genes/mutation it would be worthwhile to breed true? Please see the attached pictures (sorry for quality, but should be enough to get an idea).

The potential parents in the "discard" tank include regular low grade cherry shrimp, sakura red and painted fire red with subsantial "speed stripes" or other visual blemishes. Actually all my males look like the lowest grade red cherry shrimp, basically transparent, even if their sisters are "perfect" red. My breeding stock is from at least 4 different lineages, sourced from three different breeders in Norway and Thailand. I'm thinking all this mixing could cause a revert to wild type, but the small orange critters actually have quite solid and appealing coloring.

Best regards

orange cherry shrimp alone.jpg

red and orange cherry shrimp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Wilds are just brown. Orange is a mutation. Like orange neo :) u can breed them if you like. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think all orange neos came from a cherry mutation, just like how most other colors are as well. And you found the mutation branch that started the pumpkins from way back. I'd personally discard them because they aren't a thorough gene like the ones we have today. But hey, pretty cool, right?