What plant would work in my case!!

JonRon

Hello to all who view this!!

As you all can see in my photo attached my Monosolenium tenerum Pellia is out of Control. Matter of fact, I AM TIRED OF IT!!!  It breaks to easy, and leaves a mess. The snails I have in the aqaurium are eating it and it has holes in it, and it adds more to the mess.

I know it is good for my Shrimp, I plan on keeping a Little bit in the Aquarium. maybe on the left side. Anyways, is their anything that you all would recommend to replace the rest of this stuff. I was looking into star moss, and some sort of Fissidens, but any ideas would help. Something that Does not require a lot of light or CO2.

DSC_0541.JPG

• 2 months later...

I love your tank.

I'm a fan of fissidens now that I figured out what i was doing wrong. I had it in a tank that was much warmer than it liked, so the stuff I though was dead hulked out when I semi-mothballed (no heat or food) the tank and left it in a 60 degree air conditioned room.

I'd like to cover a large piece of drift wood in my Mary tank but worry it would overrun my weird mosses (or maybe they are strange algae?)

• 7 months later...

Can i have some if your getting rid of some . How do you get your scape to look like this?.like what wood is that how did you get the plant on there ? Hows your water so clear and how do you not have any hair algea at all in there ? The hair algar is just too much for me , makes me want to get rid on the tank completely, it also ruins my other plants.

I have no Wood inside this Aquarium. Only Dragon Stone. I built the Substrate up in the back and the rocks Keep it from falling. It helps to have a lot of plants to Combat hair algea. Plus using the correct amounts of ferts, and light.

I would have no Problem getting rid of plants. I throw a ton away every month from this Aquarium.  however; I do not know if you would like to pay for the shipping cost since I live in Germany. You could find plants at your local fish store. It would probably be cheaper for you to go that route.

Lastly, I have did some remodeling of this Aquarium. Does not look the same as above anymore. I will try to post a Picture of it later.

Kind regards,

JonRon