Alpha Pro Breeders and Elite Inverts

Valek

I bought some plants from them once, they have good communication and will respond to your messages if you send them anything, but like everyone else said I wouldn't buy from them due to the price. 

I have and they are trustworthy, they are a local store to me.  They are however, overpriced.  

I have some Orange Eyed Black Tigers (Some call them Royal Blue) if you are interested in those, they are the offspring of some that I purchased from MrShrimpo and are doing very well!  Shoot me a PM if you are interested in them.  

I actually just purchased some of their oebts.  They were great to deal with and even threw in an extra for shipping a day later then planned.  Great customer service, but will not buy from them again due to the fact that 5 of the six shrimp are blondes, all were supposed to be blues. 

18 hours ago, sparky4056 said:

I actually just purchased some of their oebts.  They were great to deal with and even threw in an extra for shipping a day later then planned.  Great customer service, but will not buy from them again due to the fact that 5 of the six shrimp are blondes, all were supposed to be blues. 

Well the fact that 5 of the 6 were blondes, is a big discrepancy. Blues are worth alot more then blondes. They should be posting blues and blondes seperately as their pricing should be different.

Just now, dazalea said:

Well the fact that 5 of the 6 were blondes, is a big discrepancy. Blues are worth alot more then blondes. They should be posting blues and blondes seperately as their pricing should be different.

If they are advertised as blues, not blondes then you may want ask them to send what you ordered, 5 blues... its up to you really... 

6 hours ago, dazalea said:

If they are advertised as blues, not blondes then you may want ask them to send what you ordered, 5 blues... its up to you really... 

agreed.  

update:

their website states it like this - "Just because their name has “Blue” in it does not mean they are all blue. These shrimp come in several different colors, ranging from a blonde color, or beige, to almost green, almost red, light blue, true blue and black." so they are selling their blondes at the same price as their blues.  

They are forthcoming with the fact that you might not get blue ones, but this by itself would keep me from buying from them.

Oh ok I was reading from Alpha Pro Breeders-

These have been consistently producing the coveted almost black tiger shrimp. The blondes could easily turn blue as they age. Normally don't show any blue until 1/2" - 3/4" size. (They have been producing almost 3/4 blues consistently) Start your own colony with quality stock. Same care as Crystal reds ( see our care sheet ). My stock of OEBTs has been selectively bred in my breeding facility for over 7 years.

Please note that I'm adding more shrimp to this special, but they will be small and not colored up yet. They should start too show shades of blue in about a month, then some of them will start to get a really dark blue a few months later.

I'm releasing a few orders at a time until my inventory of them build back up. Sorry no waiting list so it's first come first served. Keep in mind these will be SMALL!!!!!!

1 minute ago, sparky4056 said:

Yeah, after rereading, it's my fault.  I just assumed paying $12 a piece and the post having a pic of a blue oebt that they wouldn't all be blonde but one.

Hopefully they color up like the post from Dazalea says