Tibee Rack

High5's

My breathing bellow cork walls would have been really cool, maybe one day. For now it's a clean dust free area for shrimp the paint finish I chose hold's up well in humid environments and has anti mildew additives. It's looking like three  15's along the back wall then six to eight 5 gallon drilled on a 10 gallon sump on one sidewall, I may use critter keeper's to pay homage to your modular shrimp system.

Got the second coat of paint on and some cork flooring. I might leave for floor painted concrete under the 15 gallon tank's they will be max 6 inches off the floor I'm thinking it will help keep things cool. Few more day's work and it should be ready for a few tank's to start cycling.

post-193-0-55407600-1407277036_thumb.png

Got the second coat of paint on and some cork flooring. I might leave for floor painted concrete under the 15 gallon tank's they will be max 6 inches off the floor I'm thinking it will help keep things cool. Few more day's work and it should be ready for a few tank's to start cycling.

Awesome! It's very satisfying when you have a space that is all your own. Especially when you did all the work. I will be relieved the day thay mine is done, I am almost there but not quite. Right now still trying to manage the mess I made moving. It'll get there soon I'm sure.

Looking good man!

Sweet little area for sure!

Thanks Han, there will be a little piece of your efforts in every tank.

Awesome! It's very satisfying when you have a space that is all your own. Especially when you did all the work. I will be relieved the day thay mine is done, I am almost there but not quite. Right now still trying to manage the mess I made moving. It'll get there soon I'm sure.

It is satisfying, I could only imagine all the hard work you have put into your basement. To see you doing it motivated me to start my project so what your seeing me do you had a hand in it. Thank you for taking time to share information, ideas ,methods and services to the hobby.

What is that black divider? I seen people with salt tanks use something like that.

Abs plastic.

Was looking at those to Chris. All the reviews said they where super bright

I started to lay the cork floor and stopped, I have decided not to do cork floors and go with a brown paper floor. Here an example of what it looks like finished.

post-193-0-69226300-1407528716_thumb.jpg

Abs plastic.

Was looking at those to Chris. All the reviews said they where super bright

Yea,my link didn't work right. Wonder if these would complement my,stand lighting. Might do these above to don't have much room for a light. Furnace trunkline is pretty close

Might be a few more week's still trying to figure out the best configuration to fully utilize the space. I wanted to put 3 15 gallons on the back wall and 6 5 gallons on a rack on the side wall connected to a sump. Now I am thinking fill the room up with 12 5 gallon's on a sump, thing is if something goes wrong in the system could be very bad. It would be around 70 gallons of water volume with the sump, I should be able to catch any problems before they get out of hand with that much water volume.

Ideally quarantine should not be done in the same room. Too much chance to cross contaminate, some things can travel in aerosol droplets.

That is true, That is not always possible though, it helps to keep the tank covered also and to only use the same equipment on the quarantine tank. Even the hose for a water change should be on its own. I keep several hoses just for this purpose, I cant do a seperate hose for each tank as that would just be crazy lol, I have different hoses for different species of fish, shrimp or etc. This keeps it somewhat contained to the different breeds. Some will do find with one thing but will destroy another.