Blue Bolt babies!!!!!

So happy to finally have my first round of babies EVER (I've had berried PRL but they kicked their eggs a while ago and I'm hoping to have berried ones soon) lol and they happen to be from my blue bolts!!! So excited to share pictures but the camera I'm using is an iPod touch 5th gen so the clarity of the photos may not be the best. I've only seen two of the tiny little ones running around and I think one may even be a Mosura BB *crosses fingers* I'm only posting the two pictures that came out "best" out of more than 20 which ended up pretty bad haha

photo1-11.jpg

Not too sure if you can see the little spec that looks like dookie under the adult BB but that's a baby BB!! and the little spec about 2.5inchs away to the righ from the adult BB is also a baby BB!

photo2-15.jpg

I do have Mosura BB but the ones I have are only juvies and are in another breeder net separated from these guys. This batch is only Blue bolts...I have three berried mamas and one is releasing her clutch the other two are nearing due but not just yet.

Are you housing the berried females in breeding nets for the entire gestation?

Yessir! Well actually all of the bolts are in a breeding net since their tank is nearing complete cycle. I have the outflow of the eheim 2213 pushing water through the breeding net and they all are doing fine.

I have a piece of cholla wood in there, a little piece of IAL and a bunch of mini x-mas moss in the breeder net

Someday I'll get some TBs. Gotta be set up for it though.

Well see a whole new level of addiction evolve lol. I jumped in haha, I was still getting used to the crs when I b o mighty cardinals. Hardest ones I've bred ime

I bought a cannister earlier this year for them.  Would have to get other stuff as I can.

The biggest challenge I have is temperature in this fish room.  During much of the year it is 80+, then it drops to 50's.

Everybody told me that the CRS wouldn't do well in the heat, but now I have CRS that have grown up in 80+ temps and berried.

Perhaps no bad bacteria because I have only fed snowflake. (?)

I bought a cannister earlier this year for them.  Would have to get other stuff as I can.

The biggest challenge I have is temperature in this fish room.  During much of the year it is 80+, then it drops to 50's.

Everybody told me that the CRS wouldn't do well in the heat, but now I have CRS that have grown up in 80+ temps and berried.

Perhaps no bad bacteria because I have only fed snowflake. (?)

Maybe put a fan over the tank to drop the temp? That's what a few of the people I know do when it comes to summer time. Other option would be a chiller but those are expensive

Lol...I wanted to make sure they have babies before anything haha....don't have high hopes since the PRL kicked their first clutches but now that I now have babies my hopes are higher!

Well, I must say....them Plenn Plax breeder nets don't hold shrimp babies very well haha =P This is my third baby blue bolt that I've caught in the tank hanging out near the sponge filter.

Pic of the breeder nets for those who don't know what I'm referring to. This is an older picture not much has changed though

1403521593968_resized.jpg

Then we have this little one...Samsung Galaxy s4 doesn't take the greatest of pictures to begin with so trying to take a shot of the little one doesn't help lol

20140726_184021_RichtoneHDR_resized.jpg

20140726_184108_RichtoneHDR_resized.jpg

Sorry if I post too much about them babies haha they're my first successful clutch!!!!