Aura Blue Tiger Parameters?

JSak

Hi all! Until recently, I was under the impression that Aura Blue Tiger shrimp have the same care in terms of water parameters as Tangerine Tigers, but I’ve recently heard that Aura Blue Tigers actually like a slightly harder water than most Caridina shrimp (higher GH and a little KH). Does anyone have input or experience with these shrimps? I had some a while ago and they survived, but never bred, and they eventually all disappeared over time. I’m thinking now that it’s because the parameters were too soft. Thanks in advance!

19 hours ago, Shrimp Life said:

Most tigers with the exception of Tangerine tigers are known to like harder water then Taiwan bees but Softer then Neos. I would ask the breeder you plan on buying from , and buy all your stock from that 1 seller. HTN inverts on Aquabid has some nice ones.

I actually bought my OERBTs from them. They provided a TON of extras and so far I have not lost a single one. I actually noticed a berried female a few days ago, so I’ll definitely look into them again. It looks like they just put up an auction for some. 

I tried reaching out to HTN inverts to see if he’d be willing to sell a set of 5 instead of 10, and he hasn’t gotten back to me yet. I’m not sure if he’s typically difficult to get in touch with from your experience. The auction’t not on Aquabid anymore so maybe someone bought it and that’s why he decided not to email me back. Maybe I’ll buy the set of 10 if he puts it up again in the future, but I was a little disappointed that he didn’t even respond saying that he’d prefer not to sell them except in sets of 10. Any other sellers you might recommend that I could look into while I decide and/or wait?

I'd give him more time to reply, its the weekend and if he has no active auctions he may not really be checking his email as often. I personally don't know who else to recommend, he has a good reputation and homebred shrimp. Maybe a hobby breeder can chime in on this thread if they have some to sell you.

I saw him put up a new auction for the OERBT’s, so I figured maybe he might’ve sold the Aura Blues or my email might’ve been lost. I love the OERBT’s I got from him, so I was hoping to maybe get a few of the Aura Blues to start with, but I don’t want to double email him and bother him if he prefers not to sell them in sets of less than 10 shrimp. I don’t hold anything against him as these kind of things happen, but it was just disappointing to me. Thanks for your input! Maybe if I see the Aura Blue auction come up again I’ll shoot him another email.