My Shirmp disappeared

Hi. About 2 weeks ago i received 11 Red Cherry Shrimp from Elite Inverts online store.Ever since then I found a couple dead bodies and plucked them out of the tank. However, now when I look in the tank to spot the shrimp, I can't find any and its only a 10 gallon. I will note that when I received the shrimp, they were shrimplets, so much so that I though it was just a bag of water until I looked closer. Can someone help me find a solution to this. The shrimp aren't hiding and i've looked around the tank a lot. They seem to have just disappeared. Thanks.

Shrimplets can hide well, so might just be hiding somewhere. But if you were finding dead ones, it is unfortunately likely that they all died and you just didn’t find the bodies. Shrimplet bodies are also small, hard to find, and decompose quickly. Also, if there is anything in the tank besides shrimp they are likely to have been eaten. Pretty much everything will eat tiny dead shrimp. Did you figure out why they’re dying?

On 2/7/2020 at 9:34 AM, T0adman said:

Shrimplets can hide well, so might just be hiding somewhere. But if you were finding dead ones, it is unfortunately likely that they all died and you just didn’t find the bodies. Shrimplet bodies are also small, hard to find, and decompose quickly. Also, if there is anything in the tank besides shrimp they are likely to have been eaten. Pretty much everything will eat tiny dead shrimp. Did you figure out why they’re dying?

Thank you so much for the reply. Sadly though, I think you were right when you said that they died. I did not have anything in the tank besides them and some small pest snails. I'm not sure why they died but I assume it was my water:

PH - 6.8-7

Hard PH - 7.4

Ammonia 0-.25

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 5-10

Are these generally acceptable for cherry shrimp?

Do you have any test kits to measure GH and KH (water hardness)? Aside from Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite, the only other parameters I measure with my shrimp is GH and KH because I've found those parameters to be most important with keeping shrimp. I don't think I've ever measured pH in my shrimp tanks aside from my Cardinal Sulawesi shrimps, but that's because they're more sensitive and require pretty precise parameters compared to most other shrimps. 

2 hours ago, JSak said:

Do you have any test kits to measure GH and KH (water hardness)? Aside from Ammonia, Nitrate and Nitrite, the only other parameters I measure with my shrimp is GH and KH because I've found those parameters to be most important with keeping shrimp. I don't think I've ever measured pH in my shrimp tanks aside from my Cardinal Sulawesi shrimps, but that's because they're more sensitive and require pretty precise parameters compared to most other shrimps. 

I dont have a GH or KH test kit sadly. I'll have to take some water into my local fish store for an analysis. Thanks for the tip. :)