Shipping and doa policy

Dukendabears

I offer 100% doa guarantee on all shrimp shipments as long as the following conditions are met

1. you request your box to be marked hold for pickup if temps are over 85f or under 40f. You failing to do this voids doa guarantee. It is your responsibility to know your weather.

2. All claims must be made within 1 hour of first delivery attempt, with pictures of unopened bags next to my shipping label

3. Your package must get to you within 3 days. I am not responsible for postal service mishandlings or delays. This includes taking your box out for delivery when it is clearly marked to be held for pickup.

4. Shipping charges are non refundable. You will have to pay to reship the shrimp, or i will refund you on a price paid per shrimp basis. My choice.

Doa is EXTREMELY rare but i feel its best to state the policy clearly. So we both know what is expected of us.

I know in some places, it may take more than 3 days to deliver with priority.

there would be an issue.

Their is no place I have ever shipped to that takes more than 3 days unless usps messes up.  and I mean I have sent shrimp to some crazy little 5 person towns in ME, Wyoming, MT, Up state NY.  Heck even priority to allot of places in canada is 3 days

Their is no place I have ever shipped to that takes more than 3 days unless usps messes up.  and I mean I have sent shrimp to some crazy little 5 person towns in ME, Wyoming, MT, Up state NY.  Heck even priority to allot of places in canada is 3 days

Good to know, I have shipped any shrimp yet.

My only thing is.. and this is just my opinion. I dont think its a fair policy that if usps drops the ball and you get dead shrimp, usps gets paid the seller gets paid and the poor buyer gets screwd... not trying to be disrespectful....

Most sellers offer no doa guarantee on priority mail at all. I feel this is more than fair. Ive had packages take 10 days due to usps mess ups, and no doa. At some point i have to have a cut off.

3. Your package must get to you within 3 days. I am not responsible for postal service mishandlings or delays. This includes taking your box out for delivery when it is clearly marked to be held for pickup.

I don't really understand why most sellers have this rule.

Reason being.

When you ship an item, you pay for postage. So you are "hiring" USPS to get the package to the receiver. If USPS screws over, the people you "hired" failed the job. So why is your buyer taking faults for things your "hired" crew has done wrong? I'm not raging or anything but im just saying...

For example, if you purchased USPS Express Mail 1 day and it arrives in 3 days. You "hired" them for this job. Your buyer shouldn't suffer for your bad choices.

USPS are your workers. If the job fails, please find USPS for the reimbursement and not get your buyer to pay for everything.

It makes a company and/or person look bad with such policy.

Look at Wil''s policy

"Live Arrival Guarantee - I guarantee live arrival on all of my livestock orders regardless of shipping method or delays due to the post office! "

Now this is the kind of companies people are looking for. Not the ones that don't care about their customers and tell them " sucks to be you with that bad luck"

And again, if anything goes wrong, the seller should and can only blame the carrier because you hired them and they failed. 

If someone hired you to build them a house and your crew made a mistake and the house clasped, is the buyer responsible for your crew's mistake?

Same thing. You are the buyer. USPS = crew.

So if you ship shrimp and they arrive late due to USPS, it "should" be your responsibility to make it right rather than saying I'm not responsible and DOA is voided.. 

Just like any company, the better and more reasonable your policies are, the more customers you'll get. Why else do you think Amazon gets so many customers? Policies are everything!

Poopians- the buyer pays for shipping, i ship how they choose to have their item shipped. They "hire" the shipping service, i just take the package to the shipping service that fits their budget. My customers always have the option to "hire" fedex overnight service, only one person out of over a thousand has taken me up on this service once they see the price, in a perfect world everyone would choose fedex overnight and their would be no need for a doa policy. Id take full responsibility for their live arrival. The reason i am not responsible for packages being taken out for delivery when sent hold for pickup, is most post offices require the receiver of the package to contact them with the tracking info and the customer themselves have to put the hold in place. I as the shipper let customers know this. The usps label has hold for pickup on it, as well as every side of the box in big writing. Often it is still taken out for delivery unless the receiver contacts them. So if the receiver/buyer does not do their part, i should still be held responsible?

My feedback speaks for itself, over 1000 positive reviews and zero negatives between ebay, tpt,aquabid etc. You will not find one person unhappy with my level of service. I have and continue to work with people when problems arise, even reshipping raok shrimp on my dime when someone didnt do their part in contacting their post office to request the box held.

"Often it is still taken out for delivery unless the receiver contacts them. So if the receiver/buyer does not do their part, i should still be held responsible? "

Believe it or not, if you call the postmaster and complain. Things WILL change. The postmaster isn't going to know their staff aren't doing their job if you don't complain.

"My feedback speaks for itself, over 1000 positive reviews and zero negatives between ebay, tpt,aquabid etc."

I would say that most shrimp that could be shipped via 3 day shipping could live 7 or more days so I wouldn't say that's an issue.

Technically, they didn't hire the post office.

Who's paying the postage?

You.

The buyer pays you, you pay USPS.

If something goes wrong and requires reimbursement, YOU get the reimburse which then most likely is refunded to your buyer. So technically "YOU" are hiring the post office.

I'm actually surprised you're able to sustain a 1000 positive and zero negative. With all the shipping experience I've had. more than 50% of my shipments arrives late.

"The reason i am not responsible for packages being taken out for delivery when sent hold for pickup, is most post offices require the receiver of the package to contact them with the tracking info and the customer themselves have to put the hold in place. I as the shipper let customers know this. "

No complaints = staff keep doing what their doing.

Once you complain, they WILL shape up. But if everyone likes to keep quiet, well all be...

I sustain 100% feedback because i work with people if a problem arises. Which is very rare as i ship my orders well insulated, with cold/heat packs if needed, i even tape the corners of bags so shrimp dont get crushed in them if the bag shifts. If a business isnt flexible or understanding of its customers concerns it will not succeed I have a customer i ship to in tennesee that twice has had their package taken out she and i have both spoken to the post office.. still happened a second time. My picture is probably on the wall of every post office and sorting center across america as a pain in the ass because i do follow up. As im sure you are well aware there is no insurance against the live arrival of animals, there are no post office refunds to be had no matter how you ship it. On a side note,

Do you hand write your labels? Ive noticed packages with hand written labels are often the packages that get miss sorted along the way. I started printing labels about a year ago and have had very few issues with miss sorting. Believe it or not, with how horrible the usps can be i have not had a package take longer than 3 days in over a year. So i could probably remove that from the policy.

I sustain 100% feedback because i work with people if a problem arises. Which is very rare as i ship my orders well insulated, with cold/heat packs if needed, i even tape the corners of bags so shrimp dont get crushed in them if the bag shifts. If a business isnt flexible or understanding of its customers concerns it will not succeed I have a customer i ship to in tennesee that twice has had their package taken out she and i have both spoken to the post office.. still happened a second time. My picture is probably on the wall of every post office and sorting center across america as a pain in the ass because i do follow up. As im sure you are well aware there is no insurance against the live arrival of animals, there are no post office refunds to be had no matter how you ship it. On a side note,

Do you hand write your labels? Ive noticed packages with hand written labels are often the packages that get miss sorted along the way. I started printing labels about a year ago and have had very few issues with miss sorting. Believe it or not, with how horrible the usps can be i have not had a package take longer than 3 days in over a year. So i could probably remove that from the policy.

I use to ship packages of 100-200 per day. I use Zebra LP 2844 Thermal Printer.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9410810200828166151225    late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200829155781663    took about a week

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200793087921889    late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200882154422425    item lost

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200793087920653    late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200881154345840    took about a week

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200828154452628    late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200829154413916    late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200828154450839    took about a week

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200883176938123    took about a week

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200829154412568    took about a week

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9400110200881154342764    item lost

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9405510200828124847952 Priority Mail late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9410810200828115559669 Priority Mail late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9410810200793056798746 Priority Mail late

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=9410810200828166151225 Priority Mail Express late

Just tracked about 100 of my packages. These were the results.

Yea everyone has a shipping policy you have to. I have never told anyone I couldn't help them after the fact. Its guidelines that help people understand why things happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I don't really understand why most sellers have this rule.

Reason being.

When you ship an item, you pay for postage. So you are "hiring" USPS to get the package to the receiver. If USPS screws over, the people you "hired" failed the job. So why is your buyer taking faults for things your "hired" crew has done wrong? I'm not raging or anything but im just saying...

For example, if you purchased USPS Express Mail 1 day and it arrives in 3 days. You "hired" them for this job. Your buyer shouldn't suffer for your bad choices.

USPS are your workers. If the job fails, please find USPS for the reimbursement and not get your buyer to pay for everything.

It makes a company and/or person look bad with such policy.

Look at Wil''s policy

"Live Arrival Guarantee - I guarantee live arrival on all of my livestock orders regardless of shipping method or delays due to the post office! "

Now this is the kind of companies people are looking for. Not the ones that don't care about their customers and tell them " sucks to be you with that bad luck"

And again, if anything goes wrong, the seller should and can only blame the carrier because you hired them and they failed.

If someone hired you to build them a house and your crew made a mistake and the house clasped, is the buyer responsible for your crew's mistake?

Same thing. You are the buyer. USPS = crew.

So if you ship shrimp and they arrive late due to USPS, it "should" be your responsibility to make it right rather than saying I'm not responsible and DOA is voided..

Just like any company, the better and more reasonable your policies are, the more customers you'll get. Why else do you think Amazon gets so many customers? Policies are everything!

You don't like it you don't have to buy. I get people who ask about fedex next day or ups next day, but they get shock and aww when they see 60$ compared to 32$. Like Eric I have the same policy he does, and you know what complaining to the post master gets you, f'ed up boxes and them not giving a shit about your shipments. I know this because I have complained. My next 3 deliveries were late arrive and smashed with dead shrimp or lost packages. I take it you don't ship shrimp do you or you might have a different opinion on the shipping aspect. Shipping printers or other stuff is fully insured by usps, live animals nope no insurance for them.

And technically the buyer is hiring usps in most cases, as I am selling them goods and giving them choice of subcontractors to do the shipping. They chose pay me for the shrimp and have me middleman the money for shipping. With live animals there is no refund to be had, so that is null and void.

If someone hired me to build a house and they knew all warranty and info about my policies and it collapsed and my policy had a void clause in there for it collapsing they knew what they were getting into.

He has done well and so have many of us with these policies, like he mentioned we usually work things out with buyers, but we both have had buyers scam us too. Show us pictures of so called dead shrimp when they were alive or other shrimp that don't look close to what we have sent and say they came dead. They refuse to give us good proof and usually have bogus stories.

Amazon gets customer because they have a monopoly on the market and were a huge company before they got into online sales. They were the first to market and did it well. Nothing to do with customer service because I have prime and have been screwed over on late 2 day deliveries with no compensation or anything.

Not all shrimp will live more than 3 days,sorry you should try shipping them. Weather plays a huge factor and will stop their life short in as quick as 30 hours or so in extreme heat or cold.

I would say 50% of your shipments arrive late because you have complained to much to the post office.... Ever think of that, as I read your post I would think this is the case. It is not always the squeaky wheel gets the grease, more like a bath in pee.

Before you talk about shipping shrimp and policies try it first, and try it at the level Eric does or I. You seem to talk allot about something like you are a pro at it and really don't know what it is like shipping live animals.

Thanks steve, ive always thought my doa guarantee is more than fair. Especially compared to others. Some people dont see it that way i guess.

Its hard to explain if your someone who doesn't do it a lot. We all package and ship them very well and most arrive in perfect health. I'm always optimistic a few DOA is acceptable to me as a buyer because I understand what they go through in shipment. On another note I have also shipped fish priority, talk about nail biters lol. I have shipped large, small, pairs and 300$ fish all have their share of risks. Many people refuse to get express and want priority. Def not my fault they didn't want to ship that way. Its a never ending debate though there is always the buyers and sellers aide to it.

I completely get where all these points are coming from. Just gotta remember everyone where all friends here and hobbiest who are insane about shrimp. We take risks because well we have to if we want something no one else has.