Post your other pets!

swissian

b2eac171759d5ebfdfc5d4db81a06a2c.jpg

07803572f35c9da3e60733897e9b6932.jpg

Swirlz he's an ambilobe panther chameleon

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Nice Panther! [emoji16] Here's Francis, another ambilobe panther cham: 27c97f88889d91ba9559dc725954f811.jpg

One of my favorite shots of him.

On 3/27/2016 at 9:28 PM, Soothing Shrimp said:

Are the horses sway backs?

The white donkey is a big time sway back, he is like 25 years old so its just old age probably.

On 3/29/2016 at 6:44 PM, oem said:

Hey Dr. Dolittle aka Will,

Is that a Brown Swiss and are those Nigerian Dwarf goats? Where are the sheep. Navajo Churro  would fit right in.  We have raised feeder lambs for years.  And what about one of Babe's cousin's. Maybe a Guinea hog an old U.S. of A. breed ?  I have always liked a mix of various animals on our place.

The cow is a Jersey and the goats are Nigerian Dwarf.  No sheep, I think we will be doing some pigs next year (they can eat the extra milk).  We are getting a young beef calf delivered tomorrow which we will raise up for meat.  We are also getting 30 red broiler meat chicks today.

On 3/29/2016 at 10:33 PM, Wygglz said:

I don't know about others, but I have a houseful (and pasture) but the real challenge is finding a babysitter when we want to go somewhere overnight or longer!

Thats the tough part of being in the pet hobby. Trying to find someone is hard but trying to find someone you trust is even harder.

ya the chickens aren't bad but we will see how we do with a cow.  The milk cow we have (the one in the photo) is super friendly so we will see how we do with the steer.

6 hours ago, II Knucklez II said:

Awesome!! Love chaos I keep mine in a free range most of the time

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Same, he's free range as well. He lives on an indoor ficus tree with ropes connecting the tree to various branches of coffeeberry tree (looks like manzanita, but less red) throughout my house. Its actually really cool. He eats wild grasshopper, beetles, and crickets, with the occasional moth for a treat, all found just outside my door in the forest and garden. Best diet is a wild diet if you know the bugs are "clean", so says the breeder who gave him to us. If you ask me, Francis is a rather spoiled chameleon. :]

5 hours ago, OblongShrimp said:

ya the chickens aren't bad but we will see how we do with a cow.  The milk cow we have (the one in the photo) is super friendly so we will see how we do with the steer.

Just don't do it yourself with the cow or steer. Take them to a processor or have a mobile processor come to you and leave for a couple of hours.

5 hours ago, OblongShrimp said:

The best thing you can do is not give the steer a name or did like we have.  Ours have been T-bone or Chuck.  Pigs have always been Hambone or Porkchop.  Even at Hiram Farm for adults with Autism, they understood that some of the animals were pets and some were for the dinner table.(and not named)