Sochting Oxydators

OblongShrimp

I was looking at bringing some of these in and wanted to gauge interest.  They aren't very common here in the US but from everything I have heard they are huge in Europe (not sure about asia). 

These are very well used in Europe!! Although the small size is recommended to aquariums upto 60l i have used the large ones in 20-30l breeding tanks without issues. The more oxygen the better, as long as the water does not become saturated, but i have never had this issue.

I can't recommend them highly enough!!

These oxydators really got a wide range of attention with the release of a video from Tom in Asia. People saw him using and demand shot through the roof.

Anyways, they look pretty cool. I'd be interested in a few for my pure breeding tanks.

ok I will get some ordered :)

I got excited when I saw this post. I saw these on aquariumoxygenator.com a couple of years ago and have been wanting a few ever since. They always appear to be "sold out".  Will you be carrying the mini?

That is the plan :)

I have one, its sat in the box for the last year. The issue is getting the correct % hydrogen peroxide here in the states to make them work. I believe the concentration needed is illegal to ship in the usa without permits, at least the last time i checked i think i remember reading that.

I have one, its sat in the box for the last year. The issue is getting the correct % hydrogen peroxide here in the states to make them work. I believe the concentration needed is illegal to ship in the usa without permits, at least the last time i checked i think i remember reading that.

Not sure about in the States but here in Canada you can get 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide from most health food stores.  There is a limit oh how much you are allowed to ship without a permit but i never looked into it because I have a place i can buy it from a few blocks from where I live.  You than dilute it with distilled water to get a 6% solution.

The correct ratio is 1 part 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to  5.5 part diluted water.

For example I have a 600ml bottle that I keep my 6% solution in.  TO make a new batch I mix 90ml of the 35% food grade Hydrogen Peroxide with approx. 500ml of diluted water to get approx 585ml of 6% solution.

I have Sochting Oxydators in most of my tanks - not sure if they add anything to the tank other than raise the oxygen level but they sure come in handy when the power goes out. : )  

One of the best places to buy 35% h2o2: http://www.celestepureh2o2.com/

1 part 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to 6 parts distilled water yields the recommended 6% solution.

For example: 1/4 cup of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide plus 1 1/2 cups of distilled water = 1 3/4 cups of 6% Hydrogen Peroxide.

A 1-to-3 ratio of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide to distilled water would yield a 12% Hydrogen Peroxide solution.

Thus you can adjust the % Hydrogen Peroxide as desired to accommodate the rate at which oxygen is dispensed into the aquarium.

...so 1 quart of 35% Hydrogen Peroxide yields 1 3/4 gallons of 6% Hydrogen Peroxide.

I can see people making this and selling it similar to food samples.

Yup what those guys said about 35% food grade :).  I am looking into the logistics of shipping the 6% and so far it doesn't look like you need any special permits for it but I need to confirm with the post office. 

I am looking to get the following on my first order

10 - Oxydator Mini up to 8 gal

10 - Oxydator D up to 25 gal

2 - Oxydator A - up to 100 gal

Once I get a shipping quote I will have a better idea on pricing but prelim pricing would be around

Mini - $13-$15

D - $35-$40

A - $80-85

If you mean these 3D Nets then yes.

What's the advantage of these over increasing aeration via airstones or surface agitation? I confess I have never understood what is so special about them.

I think this was posted a while back on The Planted Tank. Liam (mordalphus) commented that the benefits were marginal if you're running a sponge filter. Who really knows though. It's a nice device and the prospects promising. Id get one just for kicks.