Post Your Shrimp Pics

mayphly

I am interested in purchasing a new camera with a macro lens. Just not even sure where to start. I need to research a bit. Your photos are fantastic, even if there "low quality" to you, but they look high quality to me!

Thanks! I had a lot of help during my decision process. I was in a pickle when I was deciding on which route to go. Originally, the decision was between the Nikon D7100, D7200 (soon to be release), or D610. It was between Dx (D7100&D7200) and Fx(D610) and I realized the price disparity between the two models were white high. Then I thought about make and my friend pointed out that lower end lens for nikons tend to be products of china.

FujiFilm won out because all their stuff (bodies and lens) are still manufactured in Japan. They offer high quality builds, excellent prices, and the X-T1 is just a beautifully crafted camera. It offers a great classic look/feel and price was within my budget. Nikon is still a great camera brand. It was a close call, but it was FUJIFILM for me.

ba9esyqa.jpg

Ps: also picked the FujiFilm because I wanted a good looking daily camera. I believe the dslr are heavier than the X-T1 Mirrorless camera.

Hey Chef, those are some great looking shots! I might have to look at a photoshop tutorial or two. Lol!

Thanks! I need to look at some YouTube videos myself. I just got PS Lightroom last night.

Raw from camera > phone > ShrimpSpot via tapatalk.

y9yryju8.jpg

I add frames and sharpness with tapatalk pro for the first three but one is non-edited. Can't do much in terms of edits for inapp functions, even with tapatalk pro.

I actually prefer to see non-color enhanced shrimp photos. Looks great!

Can you actually tell the difference between the raw and the and the earlier post? It's not "color enchanted". I wouldn't call tapatalk's inapp real PS. HAHA. [emoji29]

Hey Chef, those are some great looking shots! I might have to look at a photoshop tutorial or two. Lol!

Haha. PS can only do so much. If you start with crap, you'll have crappy PSed photos.

Just realized you might be saying I PSed? [emoji27]. Probably return my camera and just use Iphone + PS. HAHA.

I bought a new camera and camera equipment last week and it arrived Friday. Here's results from the trial photoshop.

Best 3 of the entire lot.

60P - Taiwan Bee -Panda colony-

Berried BKK momma

u6ynyzav.jpg

Shadow Panda

puhyrupu.jpg

Blue Bolt

gyhu2una.jpg

I thought you meant you were using a trial version of PS. Regardless, your pics look stellar!

Oh nono no. Autocorrect changed "photoshoot" to photoshop. Bahahah.

I'm actually very inexperienced using Photoshop. I just got a copy last night and plan on using it to resizing and fixing lighting issues for PRL. Their white shells reflect too much light which makes photos look doctored and very untrue. I think it's a white balance issue. A friend recommended me to get PS Lightroom to mediate this problem.

My recently test shoot, still waiting for my dreaming macro lens.

1/125s, F22, ISO100, 90mm, SB800

post-231-0-59922300-1408474078_thumb.jpg

My recently test shoot, still waiting for my dreaming macro lens.

1/125s, F22, ISO100, 90mm, SB800

attachicon.gif_DSC0659.jpg

What's your dream macro lens? ISO100 is crazy. I'm doing 1/125s, F4, ISO200 without tripod and is till find that they move so fast I can't take steady pictures.

What's your dream macro lens? ISO100 is crazy. I'm doing 1/125s, F4, ISO200 without tripod and is till find that they move so fast I can't take steady pictures.

200/F4 AF-D, nothing can beat it.

I hand hold it, you need flash and extension cable, I put flash on top of tank, I have glass cover.

for Macro photography, field depth is pretty small, so I use F22. and put flash in manual mode with full power.

I find that holding the camera is effective for taking pictures of shrimps that jitter around, but the pictures will come out very blurry more often than not. I taking a ton of pictures but only 1-2 are usable. I need to become more proficient taking pictures of them using a tripod. If I'm importing the photos to my phone or view it on the iPhone I won't notice because it's so compressed, but when I look at the raw or view on desktop, pictures are super blurry.

I did F4/ISO200 1/4 power and I still find it too bright at times. I'm waiting for a replacement mounting clip before I can take more macro photos. I might get another flash and flash receiver + clip and do 1/8 power.

Anyways here another photo from a photoshoot I did 2 days ago.

u7ysusyd.jpg

The dark marbling on this Ruby Red is really nice. The dark spots on the body combined with the weak lighting makes the photo look fixed. But it's unaltered.

tehyry9y.jpg

Another photo taken with iPhone of the group gathering to eat. My tank is littered with food but it gives the babies a chance to feed.

yhymury8.jpg

Can you spot them?

Thanks for the compliments. The last two are from my blue diamonds. The others are just low grade crystals. I keep them together in my 12g

These guys are super shy and pretty much hide when they see me coming. Out of about 1000 pics this is the best I can come up with so far.

post-89-0-40321900-1409011005_thumb.jpg

I can't believe how beautiful some of those shrimp pics are!

Unfortunately, I can't compete with either the quality or with the variation of shrimp, but, here's a couple of mine anyway...

One of my PRL

post-354-0-10001000-1409069930_thumb.jpg

A very shiny PFR

post-354-0-70724000-1409070218_thumb.jpg

Just took these a couple minutes ago.

First pic is a bit grainy

I love he for you have. Still on top of my favorite shrimps to keep.

Unfortunately, I can't complete with either the quality or with the variation of shrimp, but, here's a couple of mine anyway...

One of my PRL

attachicon.gifPure Redline_1.JPG

A very shiny PFR

attachicon.gifP1000768.JPG

Very nice PRL. I like the red legs.

Unfortunately, I can't complete with either the quality or with the variation of shrimp, but, here's a couple of mine anyway...

One of my PRL

attachicon.gifPure Redline_1.JPG

A very shiny PFR

attachicon.gifP1000768.JPG

Looking at your PFR it looks like it may have vorticella. You can see it right around the eyes.