Mayphly's Pinto Journal

mayphly

Thanks man, I will buy a large one of Marina HOB to apply your method.

So after the babies are born in the breeding box, how do you continue? Are you taking a male immediately into the breeding box to pair the female again?

I haven't been doing it that way. But, I will be doing it this time with my female Tibee inside my TB tank now that I know 100% she's indeed female. Glad I could be if some help. Let us know how it goes[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope it works and I will definetely keep you posted. I know I've been too much sorry but how much do you plan to leave male and female together in the breeding box? I mean we cannot observe them 7/24 right? Is it risky to leave them in the breeding box for a while like 3-4 days to make sure they got paired? Or how do you plan it?

I've seen females become berried the very next day after giving birth. So, I'll put the female in the box after her clutch has hatched. I'll then put a few of my nicest males in with her. Hopefully she'll molt in the breeder box and they'll all get busy. Then I'll play some Barry White to ensure successful mating. :P Once she is holding eggs I'll remove both the female and the males and place them back into the general population. Once the babies hatch I'll leave them in the box for at least 2 weeks or until I can make out what they are and seperate them.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm beginning to find a few nice babies in the tank. Once these guys get a little bigger I'll breed them back with a nice TB male and seperate the others. I like the stripes on this little guy.

post-89-0-15689100-1427805791_thumb.jpg

Very Nice! I guess your project is moving along much quicker than mine:)

Can't wait to see what this shrimplet's color matures to.

DET, I had a male tibee in the tank with the females as well. I'm hoping the male tibee isn't the dad. Like you said I'll have to wait until it colors up some more.

DET, I had a male tibee in the tank with the females as well. I'm hoping the male tibee isn't the dad. Like you said I'll have to wait until it colors up some more.

I am still trying to create my own Tibees haha. I had a OEBT berry up and produce BB, Shadow Pandas, OEBT, and Pandas. I found another OEBT berried a few weeks ago, and really am hoping for some Tibees. 

Best of luck to you my friend.

I found this little guy today. He must have been in hiding. Does anyone know if spotheads start out this way? He looks like he just walked in from a snowstorm!

post-89-0-10096400-1428807569_thumb.jpg

Very big potential in this project.I have some berried F1 TT/BKK and TT/WR too. Hopefully fathers were Taiwan shrimps.I did my best to remove all male tigers.

There was something similar in shrimpsnow forum 2 year ago.They call it star shrimp or something like that .

Keep picture coming. :thumbsu:

Very big potential in this project.I have some berried F1 TT/BKK and TT/WR too. Hopefully fathers were Taiwan shrimps.I did my best to remove all male tigers.

There was something similar in shrimpsnow forum 2 year ago.They call it star shrimp or something like that .

Keep picture coming. :thumbsu:

My TB are the original strain which I got from you a couple years ago after my failed algae nightmare which I posted on The Planted Tank.  Don't know if you remember or not. These guys have been doing very good for me. I have a few others that I have spotted that have the same snowflake pattern on their heads. It's good to see you made it over to this forum. Lots of good people here! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

My TB are the original strain which I got from you a couple years ago after my failed algae nightmare which I posted on The Planted Tank.  Don't know if you remember or not. These guys have been doing very good for me. I have a few others that I have spotted that have the same snowflake pattern on their heads. It's good to see you made it over to this forum. Lots of good people here! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your projects!

Wow ,I totally forgot about it. I'm very happy that you like them + the progress you've done is impressive.In future we can cross our projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting things are beginning to turn up. I had both tibee mothers give birth and both are berried again. There are several that have this intense "snowflake" pattern on them. There is one that is red with a snoeflake pattern, I'll try and get a shot of it and post it.

post-89-0-61083300-1429816115_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-84755400-1429816395_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-23430800-1429816406_thumb.jpg

It would be cool to get something similar to this. This pic was posted recently on FB "shrimpsandmosses" 1178abdaed0886bdc19d92392458b230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Gorgeous!! Amazes me all the different patterns and combinations you see today with TBs.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of new taitibee babies born today. There's a lot of them with nice white markings already. I'll post up some pics soon.

I've been keeping some aura blue tibee (ABT) females with some of my TB and today I was in for a nice surprise. I came home from work and saw that my ABT was finally saddled. So, I ran and got my camera thinking to myself that she'll be gone by the time I get everything set up. As I started taking a few pics and adjusting my lighting this male panda TB came out of nowhere and I managed to capture these shots. Even shrimp make weird facial expressions when they're getting it on like in the last pic.lol!

post-89-0-01298700-1430869908_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-66510600-1430869950_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-02218800-1430869992_thumb.jpg

post-89-0-89330400-1430870036_thumb.jpg