Tantora Shrimp Products Reviewed

Tanman19az

Hey guys! I jumped all over the Tantora products so I wanted to share with you my experiences with them.

Tantora Catappa Logs

This was the first product that caught my attention from their line. $10 per log seems expensive but I looked at it as a breeding tube with benefits because it produces the same benefits as Catappa leaves (IALs)

Note: keep the fishing line tied on and do not boil if you want to keep it as a log. This is a flat piece of bark that is rolled up into a log. I always catch my momma shrimp chillin' in there so it will be used. Trust me :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Tantora Dried Guava Leaves

These take awhile for shrimp to even be drawn to them. I thought they were worthless until I saw this...

Posted Image

They don't crazy over them but supposedly they are really good for their anti bacterial qualities.

Tantora Mulberry leaves

Just had one day with theses but my CRS babies are all over it. I don't see much action with the adults yet. I'll update you on how long they last. The leaves seem very thin and not durable as Indian Almond Leaves

I got lucky with this big sucker :)

Posted Image

Tantora Catappa Bark

This stuff is like the logs but they are cut up into pieces that you can spread throughout your tank. It's nice to have a lot of natural food and grazing surfaces in my tanks now :)

Tantora dried banana leaves

Only have these leaves in my tank for a day or so and I don't notice any reaction among the shrimp yet so I'll keep you posted :)

Posted Image

More pics from my prep

Posted ImagePosted Image

Share your thoughts here about the Tantora products :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review Tanner, glad you liked your order!

I find that the mulberry leaves are more of a food. My shrimp will consume a fist sized one in about 2-3 days. That one you show is giant. I'm impressed that came in the Tantora package. 
I love the logs, by far best value in the Tantora line. They are a bit more $ than any of the other products, but they provide multiple uses in shrimp tanks A great place for shrimp to hide in and crawl all over, bacteria grow on it to feed the shrimp, tannis from the catappa. Just a great product all around and they will last a long time.

I have plenty available if anybody wants Tantora stuff. I just got another order in this week.

I really like these reviews :)

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, finally got around to unbagging boiling and adding the catappa bark. Little background info on the tank, it's a ten gallon, corner filter and fluval c3. Moss galore. Crystals, tibees, mischlings, tt, one amano, and three taiwans.

So the bark smelled really good to be honest when I opened the bag. I wanted to chew on it myself :) and people actually use catappa plant for tea to help immune system.

Anywho after it cooled down and I dropped it into the tank I saw about 5 babies and three adults already picking at the bark. They haven't left since this morning so I'm assuming this is a good sign.

I used 4 pieces and the water got dark deep brownish yellow after boiling. Looked like a dark brew of green and black sun tea. Should have tasted it.... Hmmmm next time.

I know I should have but I boiled cholla wood with it haha.

Yeah people use catappa, and other stuff you would have never thought about for teas.

I use horse tail dry it out make a tea out of it and drink it. It's supposed to help with kidney stones. Preventative measure, doesn't taste good but IDE rather try it than to through that again every year. Lol