Vinn

Thanks for the info Vinn.

I really like the idea, hate that it's a "no-go"

I'm guessing the same problems would be had with Gush Aqua Crystal Pods (and knockoffs), which don't really seem readily available anyhow.

Thanks for saving me some time and $$$, much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Two extreme BKK? If so, one must be so extreme it faded into the blackness, I cannot even see it! [emoji12]

Ps. Get a dedicated macro lens. It'll further extend the breeding and shrimp keeping passion. Plus, we can share photography tips. [emoji16]

Welcome to the cube club! Your shrimps will love the deep tank!!  :D

I can't quite make out your stand, is it this one?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-77-in-W-x-78-in-H-x-24-in-D-Steel-Commercial-Shelving-Unit-ERZ782478W-4/202251082

@Vinn, your journal is very cool. May I kindly ask how do you use those breeding boxes, are you doing it as coupling box for selective breeding or just a small area to groww plants or something?

Sorry for the mess but here's the 21 gallon low iron tank. Cost a pretty penny but it was definitely worth it. This will be my first shrimp tank that will have a decent aquascape. I have a lot of ideas for this tank! I'll keep everyone posted!

a066b5bed8a4b53a28626bf88621b081.jpg

Nice, I picked up an ADA 60-H (45) when a 60-P wasn't available and now stick to Cube Garden tanks with 45 cm (17.7") height.

@Vinn, your journal is very cool. May I kindly ask how do you use those breeding boxes, are you doing it as coupling box for selective breeding or just a small area to groww plants or something?

The one on the side is used as a sex pen for my MK mosura male. Whenever I see a female(bkk, panda, or bb) that's ready to breed I throw her in there until she's berried and release back to the main tank a day or two afterwards. The one in the front is just there I'm not using it right now, will be for mosses though. Since im a full time S.T.E.M. college student I don't always have time to transfer/cull the males that I don't want, so I use the breeder box inside (the white box on the right) as a holding pen till I have time to transfer undesirable males. Babies also can get in and out of the white breeder box which is great because they don't have to compete for food in there (assuming no culls are in there).

Nice, I picked up an ADA 60-H (45) when a 60-P wasn't available and now stick to Cube Garden tanks with 45 cm (17.7") height.

Yeah I wanted the ADA 60 H as well. but I couldn't any near by! But I found a place that makes low iron tank at a decent price so I was extremely happy. I can hardly wait to set this tank up. I have so many ideas running through my head!

The one on the side is used as a sex pen for my MK mosura male. Whenever I see a female(bkk, panda, or bb) that's ready to breed I throw her in there until she's berried and release back to the main tank a day or two afterwards. The one in the front is just there I'm not using it right now, will be for mosses though. Since im a full time S.T.E.M. college student I don't always have time to transfer/cull the males that I don't want, so I use the breeder box inside (the white box on the right) as a holding pen till I have time to transfer undesirable males. Babies also can get in and out of the white breeder box which is great because they don't have to compete for food in there (assuming no culls are in there).

I got that, may I kindly also ask how do you catch your female to understand that she's ready to get laid as you are full student, I mean you cannot observe them 7/24. So how do you catch that moment for females?

I got that, may I kindly also ask how do you catch your female to understand that she's ready to get laid as you are full student, I mean you cannot observe them 7/24. So how do you catch that moment for females?

I stare at my tank whenever I get the chance lol. When I notice the males in my tank are going crazy I look for a female that is trying to get away from them. You'll notice that this female is particularly skittish than the rest. She usually suspend her in the roots of the water lettuce or somewhere near the surface. when I'm sure she's the one that the males is chasing I isolate her. Sometime I'm too late but most times I'm able to isolate her with the male that I like.

LOL!!! This is the behaviour I am looking for. Thanks for the video.

What I discovered is that all the shrimps (both adult and baby) will come out to feed when I dose Revive Vita. Not sure they are chasing the bacteria in Revive Vita or they are chasing the plankton that is chasing the Revive Vita.

However, your shrimps' behaviours seem to be more crazy than mine. LOL!!! (^_^")y Maybe your tank is full of microbial goodies.

LOL!!! This is the behaviour I am looking for. Thanks for the video.

What I discovered is that all the shrimps (both adult and baby) will come out to feed when I dose Revive Vita. Not sure they are chasing the bacteria in Revive Vita or they are chasing the plankton that is chasing the Revive Vita.

However, your shrimps' behaviours seem to be more crazy than mine. LOL!!! (^_^")y Maybe your tank is full of microbial goodies.

The frenzy only last a few minutes after that they are still actively moving around my tank but less swimming near the surface. Setting up the 21g this weekend I'm going to need more products ! Haha