Snowflake review

Soothing Shrimp

I recently bought SL-Aqua's version of snowflake to try with my shrimp.

My thoughts?  At first the neos seem attracted to it for a number of hours.  Then they walk away and it slowly scatters in the tank.  I haven't seen fungus grow on it as suggested, however I do see the shrimp occasionally nibble on it.  That;s fine with me.  I feel better knowing I can leave something in there that won't foul params or invite hydra/planaria.  I still feed my regular food on feed days, but when the snowflake is gone, I will add more as a constant food supply. 

My Malawa jump on the stuff and continue with it until all parts are gone days later.  Great food for them.

My Red Claw shrimp are very picky eaters for some reason and will not touch many foods besides flake.  They will eat this though, so I love I can give another food to them as well.

I've gotten mixed results with my Marmorkrebs.  The juvies will eat it no problem.  The adult will slowly eat it over time.

Over all, I'm very very pleased with this product.  It's another food in my arsenal and I love I can leave it in without any problems.  It may not look  good in a show tank as the food scatters and is pretty easily seen on the substrate, but for me it works just fine.

Anyone else?

I really like it as well.  I was looking to order a bunch of the SL-Aquas stuff as well since they are by far the cheapest source I have found for the stuff.  My CRS will finish 1/4 bag of the Mosura Graze in a few days and really seem to like it.  I added some to a tank I am preparing to house Sulawesi's and since there are no shrimp in there it grew fungus within two or three days.  The fungus looks very similar to the stuff that grows on driftwood sometimes and is about 2 inches long.  I will try and post a picture of it but I can't seem to find the USB cord for my camera. 

I took the one off my PS3.....

post-1-0-03366000-1395624143_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-45532600-1395624143_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-87359600-1395624143_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-27316900-1395624144_thumb.jpg

I will try and check them....I think I still have an ammonia test around somewhere.

I was trying to get the fungus to grow and be ready for the Sulawesi's when I added them.  It grew faster than I thought and I will probably take some of it out and move it to my CRS tank (they will eat anything).

• 1 month later...

I just ordered some that was a good deal, will have to try this stuff out when I get it saturday. Have heard alot of talk about it so I will see if they like it. Wonder if it will be good for cardinals?

I got a sample of this stuff recently. It's pretty cool.

My cherries didn't care for it.

However, my babaultis love it.

And my nerites think its the greatest thing ever made.

I have never seen a snail so happy. They just sat in it throughout the day munching away in complete bliss

I notice all my tiny tiny baby shrimp really like to hang out on it.

• 5 weeks later...

Mine love it! Ordered more. I feed a little and they gobble it up. Even my cardinals flock to it now. They are even less shy and come out now. My pos snails usually ate it up but now they are out there with them.

-Chris

I recently got some of this too, and it was a huge hit, just as everyone has said! Shrimp of all sizes all hanging out and grazing for what seems like (and could have been) hours.

My cards will eat this at 2-3 times the rate that my neos will.

Thougt you didn't have cards???

-Chris

heh I had a friend send me 6 crs last week. One died, but the others are doing well.

My first attempt with them.

That's great,man. They are easy and you'll like the coloring also!

-Chris