Snowflake review

Soothing Shrimp

Does your shrimp eventually finish up all the snowflakes?

There's so much left in my tank :(

Eventually they do, I just take an airline and suck out the left overs.

-Chris

So I'm confused. Snowflake is he same no matter who its purchased from. So why do they all have different price labels if ita the exact same thing.

other than cheeseburger snowflake is the only other thing my shrimp eat now since I dose Baxter AE

So I'm confused. Snowflake is he same no matter who its purchased from. So why do they all have different price labels if ita the exact same thing.

other than cheeseburger snowflake is the only other thing my shrimp eat now since I dose Baxter AE

Pretty much packaging I know sl changed their packaging a few times. I'm pretty sure people are splitting the stuff up to. From an overseas company no one really says anything lol. People do a lot of things to make an extra buck, it's coming to be one of the best foods made in awhile imo.

-Chris

I have used the SL-Aqua Snowflake Food and the Mosura Graze so far and they seem to be exactly the same product to me, just different prices.

So basically I could take the same shells process my own snow flakes and market them for 20$ a bag.

Lol

I daunt agree why they make the same thing but charge different prices. That's like getting a Louie Vuitton wallet vs getting the Lester and making your own wallet, they're both the same in the end result. And the later is cheaper

So basically I could take the same shells process my own snow flakes and market them for 20$ a bag.

Go for it. heh

The big difference between you and them is that they have machinery to make life easier. ;)

I think it's brilliant how they took a waste product from some food item I'm sure was only being used for cattle feed or something, and marketed it for shrimp.  The fact that it works makes it even better! :)

Lol

I daunt agree why they make the same thing but charge different prices. That's like getting a Louie Vuitton wallet vs getting the Lester and making your own wallet, they're both the same in the end result. And the later is cheaper

That's how every thing in the market works. People will charge what people are willing to,pay. The food is probably 1-2$ over there and were paying 9-15$.

-Chris

• 4 weeks later...

In my honest opinion, much that exists in the hobby (food wise) is just a lot of rebranded products. I've stated before to close friends rebranding to make a quick buck is nothing new. It's just another advertising "gimmick". The shrimp hobby itself is still very young. In my opinion, too young, to have developed such specialized foods for a market so small.

Snowflake is snowflake and it is all the same. SL-snowflake is not different than Mosura Graze. The only difference is the price you're paying.

Premium brands such has Mosura and Shirkura will definitely have more brand recognition and thus will usual have a premium pricing.

Re brand in is common in all industries in the environmental industry i but a compound called ORC fo 20$ for a five gallon bucket. This is the original oxiclean but at 10X the strength so gust think how muck mark up there is on that one gallon tub at the store not to mention all the fillers.

Mosura was going to come out with a Graze+ and add something to it to differentiate it from all the others out there but I don't think they have done that yet (or I haven't gotten it in my shipments yet).

Just got mine dropped in a half pellet and rams horns jumped all over it. Seems like pretty awesome stuff, doesn't foul water constant food supply.

Just got mine dropped in a half pellet and rams horns jumped all over it. Seems like pretty awesome stuff, doesn't foul water constant food supply.

Awesome!

-Chris

Hey has anyone else noticed that there shrimp have more vibrant color.

mine have been coloring up nice, could be from it. it's crazy how,fast they flock to it. nothing else I have makes them come that quickly. Not because I'm selling it either lol. wouldn't recommend something that didn't work

-Chris