Bucephalandra anonymous >ba<

Subtletanks91

I have never even heard of those plants before.

I bought my first batch of buce after new years. Coming all the way from borneo, indonesia, half the plants died, and the rest lost almost all their leaves. Damn "home ornaments" ;)

3 months later, having kept them in my dirted tank, they are now shooting leaves out the sides of the rhizone. Hmmm.... that reminds me, i found a little piece that is growing very nicely that was hiding in between some lava rocks I have the buce on. I put it on a little piece of lava rock to make its home. Its not able to be identified which type it is because the leaves are so small. I have a list of the 17 or so species it may be from, one day the leaves will tell... maybe i should make a raok for it? What does everyone think about that ?

Could be

dark/pink blibis bilbis

Brownie ghost

Mini catherine

Penelope

Elise blue

Icarus bell

Icarus velvet

....others cant remember off the top of my head.

You can find rare or hard to find buce in most planted forums, i got mine thru a popular online auction site. Note, however, that these plants are endangered and a protected specie, theres debate as to whether or not the hobby is hurting or helping the plant. Deforresting is going on over there, a an inevitable consequence of industrialization, so some argue that we are saving them before they are destroyed forever. I think its a good thing, just make sure to buy from in the states to avoid legal issues.

I cant wait for my leaves to grow out full and catch a pic of a shrimp on it, double awesomeness :D

Good luck finding the ones your looking for, btw I would do buce for buce trade :)

post-95-0-12048600-1395865451_thumb.jpg

Heres a pic of the mystery buce, has 5 leaves, new rhizone, lil silver spots all over the leaf surface, an awesome plant for sure.

Below is a pic of a giant red vein elise, you can see the side shoot and how red the vein is, even under just 1 t8 bulb.

post-95-0-29723400-1395865919_thumb.jpg

I should potentially rename this thread to Buce anonymous haha.

Thanks for keeping an eye out guys.

Buces are more suited for low tech tanks though aren't they. Every time I put a Buce in my high tech it starts getting bba on the edges. It's really upsetting. :/

Buces are addicting. Just like all plants in this aquarium. When I had my 55 and was just getting into planted tanks I got as many stems etc that I could fit in there. I had about 60 species in there at one point.

yes because they are slower grower so they are algae magnet in high tech tanks, same thing happens to anubias.

med tech is perfect for them. Or shaded part of high tech tanks.

My name is chris... and I am a full blown addict...

The first time I tried buce was a RAOK giftcard I won from Han.... I now just purchased 9 more plants.... and will be changing 1 of my 10g scapes to be built for buce....

Hi Chris welcome to Buce anonymous.

I would like to take this time to introduce myself now as well.

My name is eric. I have a Buce addiction. I started with one mystery Buce, which all the leaves have melted from and now have a green rhizome with no growth. And now have kedagang, brownie phantom, kapit, a baby uknown Buce and some other one. My shrimp tank is now being transformed into a Buce and mini moss tank. Thank you