Bucephalandra anonymous >ba<

Subtletanks91

I dislike all the trader names and hope some day they all get proper scientific classification. I have read that there maybe 50 species tag on a trader name or two and that would put it at 200+ species and I find that hard to believe being it's an endemic plant species. I think the appearance the plant displays is due to environmental conditions meaning two of the same plant grown in different conditions would display different colors and appear to be a variant.       

Got my first order of buce so I got just a few to try them out.

Had to take a pic and write names so I could ID them later.

Heres what I got:

Sekadau (1)

Theia S (x2)

Mini Penelope (1)

Brownie Blue (1)

Red Sword (1)

Pixy (1)

Blue Devil (x2)

Pygmea (x2)

The doubles were extras that came with order.

Trying to decide if I want to get a huge clump of Jabulani or not. I need a way to keep the purchase a secret from the wife :phew:

I dont think they "need" to be. I havent noticed any difference.

I mean Tom Barr as a tank full of buces and half are on branches that are just mid way.

Just on top of the substrate you bury the roots your asking for problems with root rot/algae. Just look how they grow in nature root's are not buried there found growing on moss cover rocks, I wonder if buce root's can tap into moss and feed from it like a strangler fig maybe symbiotic with moss?