Starting my first tank help

I am setting up a tank for red rillies and blues pearl and I have some question like:

Can just use Carib Sea flora max Planted aquarium substrates for the entire tank?

How do I make ro water

What kind of filter should I use

Where do I get the cocktail recipe from ( for shrimp)

Can anyone tell who david say

I am setting up a tank for red rillies and blues pearl and I have some question like:

Can just use Carib Sea flora max Planted aquarium substrates for the entire tank?

How do I make ro water

What kind of filter should I use

Where do I get the cocktail recipe from ( for shrimp)

Can anyone tell who david say

First off welcome to the shrimp spot. Now on to your questions.

1. Don't mix neo shrimp they will cross breed and you will loose your colors.

2. I don't know never usedit.

3. You would need to either purchase an RO filtration unit. Or purchase RO water from your local fish store.

4. This is dependent on your tank size. I use a canister filter in my 75 and a HOB in my 20 long. Alot of people use sponge filters.

5. Food.com has alot of good recipeis.

6.?

Tank you so much I know number 6 now

I am setting up a 10 gallon tank With divide in the middle so they wouldn't get to each other

Is there other way not to buy a ro filter since they are very expensive and there store near me do not sell ro water. Can I just use regular conidition water for the shrimp

I agree with meta, but I keep splotched carbons in tap water conditioned with seachem prime, and they arebalive(only had for like 2-3 weeks) and a couple have molted, so if you have similar parameters as what they where in u should be fine, also u wont need to add that many if any trace minerals like if u where using to.

Splotched carbons don't have solid coloring if I'm not mistaken.

The peramiters we need to know are water ph, Kh, gh, TDS of your tap water this will help determine if you need RO water at all. If you do need it it can be found at some grocery stores and wally world. Also where are you know there is a possibility you may find a neighbor on here.

You may be able to find a local water report online that would give you some idea of what your water is like. You can also get one from your water company.

If you are serious about keeping shrimp, you should learn more about water chemistry and get test kits so that you can check on the tank yourself.

Tap water is very different depending on location. I have friends whose tap water is nearly the same as reverse osmosis, and they successfully keep shrimp by adding a remineralizer to it. The next county over, however, has water that is reportedly so bad that it's only hospitable to a few kinds of fish.

I've considered sneaking home a liter a week from the Bronx to use in the tank, but eventually decided that relying on the supply would be foolish. If I had to do an emergency tank fill, I'd be in a bind.

oops. well water.. missed that. 

How about a smaller tank and distilled water?     I am buying distilled water at the local grocery store for 95 cents a gal.    once you get it filled maintaining wont be expensive

I am getting 2 10 gallon tank since petco having 1 per gallon sale now I don't think I need ro water or distill water anymore because our ph is 7 I call our water and they say it ph max or below I am going bring water to petco to comfirm it for me I am getting the shrimp in March or may so it warmer I will have a heater in the tank if it too cold plus I a, trying to get everthing set up with my dad help because it my early birthday present plus I don't get allowance because I get new year money

I am going to petco to get all the water test done since it going be very expensive if I buy the mast kit for 45 dollar which is the price they sell it for and 14 gh kg 28 fot tds which way expensive for me to buy Plus my dad isn't going to lay the equipment to do the water test

If you are not going to be able to test the water at all (Petco does not count because you are not given numerical results), please reconsider having shrimp. It's not fair to them to not be able to provide proper conditions for them to be healthy. Save up money until you can afford to do things properly. Or you'll just be torturing and killing animals.