what are YOUR Sulawesi parameters

im really thinking about jumping into these shrimp. not stuck on cardinal shrimp only kinda any really. what all Sulawesi  do you have and what are the parameters they are in? im fine with buying a new salty shrimp to add thats no prob please help with this one guys i need shrimp in a month or so hehehe

For sulawesi, I find that parameters aren't as important as the age of the tank. I only started to keep them well after I cycled a tank, put 100 neos in there and a few rabbit snail in there and slowly raise the temp to 80F, keep them for  a couple of months, then introduce sulawesi. I use only RO remineralized to TDS 250 (GH around 8-9), PH around 7.2-7.5 due to crushed coral in tank). Also, I kept a few neos in there as company for the Sulawesi shrimps, they would feed much better this way. Mine are from tank raised, I'm not sure about wild caught ones' ability to adapt to low PH 7 though.

@80F?  Just fine, as long as they get acclimated to it.  I used to do that temp with all my tenners, but the electricity bill would skyrocket- so I removed the heaters last year.  I *did* have to constantly be on the lookout for bacterial infections (though it seemed to happen very rarely.)

• 2 years later...