Blue Navy

Sounds like someone has renamed a shrimp color.  Sellers are famous for this to make them sell better.  People (like me) who work hard to create a strain get frustrated with this because the reason why strains have different names in the first place is to know they come from two separate sources of possible genetics.

In the reptile world, I haven't seen people rename colors much.  It seems all too common, unfortunately, in the shrimp world.

Anyway, off my soap box.  If you can get a pic, we can probably tell you what phenotype it looks like.  I imagine it's a neo.

Typically carbons are neo so they would be compatible with all vatrients. However they would cross breed as well and you would lose your strain. If you want to keep other shrimp in your tank look at your peramiters and see what will thrive in your tank.

It seems to me from the picture like it has black tail and black spots on it... Could it be Blue Carbon Rili Shrimp then? I'm planning to have them with Black and white shrimp with stripes on... They are in the same tank now at the owners place :) can someone name this one for me? Picture attached :) sorry for the quality of that... :/

The shrimp is in the middle of the gravel :D

post-1212-0-20132000-1421007199_thumb.jp

Not sure about your shrimp, but my local fish store was selling "Navy Blue" shrimp several months back, and I made them pull out their records to see what the genus was and they were listed as Neocaridina.

I was browsing for a while looking for possibilities of Neocaridina and look what I found. It is forum, and this particular post from Dec 2004. They call it Fire Blue Shrimp, don't know why fire but whatever :) I guess this is the closest one I found so far... It is also possible that it is old kind of shrimp, since he is breeding since 1995...

Left pics is from forum, right mine.

post-1212-0-09190300-1421231867_thumb.pn