Easy no co2 plants for shrimp

munakgirl

So I'm a newbie to shrimp and working on starting my first shrimp tank. It's a tank that's been up for lil over a yr. No co2, only has a mystery snail inside. Floramax substrate, and a few plants. (Pic below)

I just feel like it's a little empty for shrimp.

So far what's living well is anubias, amazon sword, lil java ferns, walmart bulb plant, marimos, and just put some java moss on some drift wood in.

Can't have water sprite or lil pink plants I got at petsmart(forget the name) as snail will eat them instant... even if he just ate they are just too tasty...

I am also on a tight budget so the cheaper the better...

(Lol my snail is a show off, when I went to take that pic he jumped off the glass n floated down for an action pic)

post-1463-0-89473500-1422412312_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Just watch anything soft-leaved, myrio or marsilea are likely to be lunch for your snail. Crypts are often left alone because they have a bad-tasting compound in them, although that did not save them from my goldfish. So try them first, as they are also good low tech plants.

My snail(s) munched my Downoi completely to the ground, but have left everything else I have alone! (Including my myrio, stargrass, hydrocotyle japan, etc). I have no idea why they were so tasty.

I blamed the MTS because they were the ones I saw on it a lot, but people tell me it was likely my lone Ramshorn and I just didn't catch him. Whoever it was, I don't think it was the shrimp ;), and I was super sad to watch them go from bushy little plants, to single center stem, to melting away and gone so dang fast!

Moss on ledges! :)  Han sells moss ledges very cheap :) You can suction them to the glass to create multi level looks very simply. You can get a small amount of moss and just attach it to the ledges and it will grow and fill out nicely