The Journals of ThegardenofEder

TheGardenofEder

Here's an update on my tbs and future plans. As you can see I have a mixed tank with, cbs, crs, snow whites, oebt, pandas, king kongs, and a blue jelly. I have some michilings on the way and then the tank will be quite a mess. I think I'm going to put the michilings in a breeder box. Mean while my 20g is on week three of its cycle and I think I'm right on track. There is so many critters I can't believe it. I have an otto in there now as well as a bunch of rams horn snails and they are all still alive and loving all the gunk to eat. When my 20g is done I'm going to take all my tbs and michilings and put them in this tank. Once the tank is done I'll be starting my 55g cull tank where the michilings will eventually go. can't wait for another two weeks till the 20g is all done the moss is starting to take off and has taken root to the drift wood. I ordered more plants for the tank to try and fill it out a bit more. I want the shrimp to hide in the plants and come out on the bare bttom when I feed them.

post-1309-0-00624900-1425216390_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-86894500-1425216440_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-06307300-1425216524_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-48058400-1425216572_thumb.jp

This was my smallest rack I've ever built and it's prity much a mini replica of my 55g racks. I'm going to paint it today and hopefully it drys fast enough that I can set tanks up tonight, maybe my lights will come in the mail today. Also my 950g air pump came in for my fish room saturday so I'm really going to get started on mu fish room, I'm running out of time before I get into busy season with work again. Also I'm running out of space so it's a must to get this done now.

finally got my lights in today for my 20g tb tank just in time to set up the new rack. It's dry so I'm going to start draining water and moving tanks now.

post-1309-0-88941000-1425426307_thumb.jp

Edited by TheGardenofEder

I still got paint and the chemicals I used to wash the paint off my hands so I won't be planting anything for a few days. Also I ran out of ro water so your going to have to settle for this as the final photo for now at least for a few days or so.

post-1309-0-30197400-1425439796_thumb.jp

A lot of babies they all look like they are cbs though, there's no way they are michilings, how ever my next berried female there is no telling who the father is of my tb or the next to get saddled up.

Tomarrow will be one month of my tb tank being cycled.

ammonia is less then 1 ppm, same as both nits. There is a ton of tiny critters all over the glass and substrate. Also see these little spastic bugs swimming in fast circles from time to time. The hawaiin moss is taking off I can't believe how good it is doing.

I took a break from the hobby as well as a day off work to spend with the family. Wish I brought my bathing suit saw a bunch of plants in the lake I wanted. I did find a bunch of nice moss for my frogs. I got enough I was going to try and grow some submerged. How ever I'm home now and already feel like I've sat on the couch too long I think I might start moving tanks out of my fish room for the remodel.

post-1309-0-75289300-1425587385_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-43144400-1425587426_thumb.jp

post-1309-0-72210200-1425587736_thumb.jp