OEBT x BB TB Results

Any update deta?

Sent from my MotoE2 using Tapatalk

Not much activity. I still have three Tibees left, 2 male, 1 female. I have quite a number of berried Taiwan Bees, but I am not selectively breeding them just yet. I just need the Tibees to breed with the TBs in general. Here are a couple pictures I have taken since my most recent post here:

post-127-0-66834500-1444227918_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-59891000-1444227923_thumb.jpg

Hopefully in the coming weeks I should have some TaiTibees, but time will tell if the berried Taiwan Bees bred with my Tibees.

Cool[emoji1]

Keep us updated bro!

Absolutely, Thank you for asking!

Not much activity. I still have three Tibees left, 2 male, 1 female. I have quite a number of berried Taiwan Bees, but I am not selectively breeding them just yet. I just need the Tibees to breed with the TBs in general. Here are a couple pictures I have taken since my most recent post here:

attachicon.gifTibee-05.jpgattachicon.gifTibee-06.jpg

Hopefully in the coming weeks I should have some TaiTibees, but time will tell if the berried Taiwan Bees bred with my Tibees.

That's a very good way to ensure hardiness. :)

That's a very good way to ensure hardiness. :)

Thanks Bryce! I am trying to take my time, its hard, but I know I must be patient. I feel it will payoff this way.

I am also doing something a bit different than what I have noticed many recently. So many people are using CRS/CBS/Snow white/Golden/etc to quickly breed TaiTibees and Pintos, I am going a much slower route of breeding Tigers x Taiwan bees, then Taiwan Bees x Tibees to create my pintos. I feel like better quality has come of this, even in my current F1 Tibees, I feel like the coloration is much more vibrant and opaque than many that cross a different path.

That hybrid looks pretty good. :) 

Keep it up!! Time will tell 

But keep in mind It will take you a while to get zebra pattern goal...

Terrible Picture I know. I have tried for a long time to get a picture of my Tibees in my TB Tank. They move so fast!

attachicon.gifTibee-04.jpg

That hybrid looks pretty good. :)

Keep it up!! Time will tell 

But keep in mind It will take you a while to get zebra pattern goal...

Honestly I can begin to see Zebra pattern as early as F2-F3 of TaiTibees. I have had several hobbyists, and breeders achieve this. Either way, it is all part of the fun in keeping and breeding shrimp.

DET, glad to hear things are moving along. Have you considered crossing f1 back to OEBT?

Kind of, I am stuck on F1 Tibees, trying to cross them back to TBs. Hoping to get F1 TaiTibees by the end of the month.

I actually sold all of my OEBT after I made my first round of Tibees. Any reason to cross them back to OEBT?

No special reason. Everyone I hear always crosses back to TB. Maybe better striping? Not sure.

I know initially we just want the tiger gene for striping. That is why you never hear anyone crossing back to any tiger, BUT maybe once you create a TaiTibee that your happy with, to enhance striping could possibly be done by crossing back to a tiger. 

I am hoping to create my own Zebra line. Those you show are created with CRS/CBS I am trying not to cross any CRS/CBS/Snow White/Golden/etc. purely Taiwan Bee.

I'd love to see orange eye pinto! :D

Me and you both! Orange Eye Zebra line!

• 2 weeks later...

Just another picture. Still waiting for babies!

post-127-0-63562500-1445431982_thumb.jpg

I imagine this is Dark Blue Orange Eye?  Never heard that acronym before.

Are they the same as Royal Blue Tigers? (RBT?)  I've seen some people label them as RBOE, but not often anymore.  OE has now become the expectation, although technically the RBT should have black eyes.

That's totally the look I'm aiming for! How can I achieve that? Trying with DBOE x Red Bolt.

Those are Fancy Tigers, my guess is the cross was CRS x Tiger, but these are probably F3-F4 generation+.

Sorry, since I'm German I'm not really into the AE acronyms: ment dark blue tigers w/ orange eyes. Unfortunately I don't know a good breeder for fancy tigers, would LOVE to get some from Monika Pöhlers Safari line but she isn't selling (yet?). So I thought I'd give it a try on my own. Wouldn't the red bolts give a more opaque finish compared to a CRS (or a wine red mosura, which was my original thought)?

I imagine this is Dark Blue Orange Eye?  Never heard that acronym before.

Are they the same as Royal Blue Tigers? (RBT?)  I've seen some people label them as RBOE, but not often anymore.  OE has now become the expectation, although technically the RBT should have black eyes.

Doesn't the OE indicate that the shrimp couldn't care less to be bright and colourful, since it's blind anyway (and living in a tank still doesn't get eaten by something)?

LOL  I suppose that's one way of looking at it, however many varieties of shrimp have been bred for color boldness and the shrimp has not much control over coloration now beyond being stressed.

The OE controversy about being blind or not has been going on for years now with neither side being able to prove their position. :)

For the record, I don't think they are, however even if they are 100% totally blind it doesn't impact their life since they are safe in an artificial environment, and use smell, vibrations, water movement and feelers to get around like cave shrimp. ;)

It is quite possible I would assume to create Fancy Tigers with Red Wine TBs. As you stated you would potentially have a better quality more opaque Fancy Tiger. I haven't done this, but I know many take the quick route and breed the CRS x Tiger, as Taiwan Bees tend to be slower at maturing and breeding.

My Pinto Project, is based solely on Taiwan Bee x Tiger, and then Tibee back to Taiwan Bee. I am trying to cutout any other caridina to see if quality is enhanced and if so, how soon in the generation(s) you can notice.