OEBT x BB TB Results

• 2 months later...

Shrimpspot!

Can you believe it has been about a year since I started this project? A little background for those of you that haven't kept up or are new. I started about a year ago with a goal in mind, that I wanted to create a Zebra Pinto line from scratch, and without the use of CRS/CBS/Golden/Snow White/etc. purely Taiwan Bees and Tigers. I honestly didn't use any breeding boxes and I think that is why it has taken this long, but I wanted this process to be natural no matter the time.

So, I did cross BB x OEBT to create my first Tibees, I only had about 3-4 and to this day only have two males and 1 female remaining. The struggle began when they reached breeding age, month after month I thought this was it, its going to happen.But breeding my Tibees back to Taiwan Bees became much harder than anticipated. I know Taiwan bees in general took time to breed, mature, and are overall just a slower pace shrimp than any CRS/CBS/Golden/Snow White/etc.

My goal though, was no matter how long it took, I wanted to use only Taiwan Bees for quality, and I wanted it to be a natural occurring event. Finally January 08, 2016 my female Tibee was berried!!! Though it is her first time, and I am not sure which Taiwan bee did the job I am ecstatic.

post-127-0-25193100-1452605786_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-81577000-1452605788_thumb.jpg

post-127-0-59160900-1452605791_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-12303100-1452605794_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

D! How are things coming along w/that pretty girl above?  :pic:  

Hey! She is still plump and happy, I estimate between February 6th and February 10th we should see our first TaiTibees created by me from scratch with the use of only TBs and Tigers.

F1 Taitibee! Produced by Male Tibee x TB. This is not the offspring from the female Tibee above, hopefully next week we will see more.

post-127-0-51684700-1454332272_thumb.jpg

Way to young to tell, but BKK shrimplet with orange eyes ?!?!?!?!? Poor quality image but had to get the shot. This was a shrimplet from the same batch as the Taitibee above, Male Tibee x TB.

post-127-0-05430900-1454504293_thumb.jpg

Hey D, nice, very nice!  :goodjob:  Without a doubt, I love berried Tibee's because of the many potentials there.

Added a pic, may not be the best but want to bump your thread.  Keep it up & I want to see more.  :pic:

Thank you Shrimpworks! I really appreciate it.

She has been berried since January 08, 2016, 35 Days!! Any moment now.

post-127-0-43619200-1455195889_thumb.jpg

We finally have babies! Born either February 11th or 12th.

post-127-0-80956400-1455326504_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-52598800-1455326507_thumb.jpg

Looking forward seeing what the babies will look like…..following!

Me and you both. I see tons of little babies of different colors but so incredibly small at the moment. Not to much longer and hopefully patterns and colors will start to come in.

This is my female Tibee post berried and the juvenile Taitibee is from the batch from the Male TIbee x TB. The shrimplets from the recent clutch of Female Taitibee x TB are still growing but I see many many different variations, I can't wait to show you all. (I have even seen a few Zebra patterns!!)

post-127-0-52389300-1456411056_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-26115800-1456411050_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I will try to take a few extra pictures this weekend for you all but in my F1 Taitibee tank you would be so surprised of the different patterns. All of them are different! I have a picture here of a F1 Taitibee that looks to have a Zebra Pattern and another that is similar to the mom but better white coverage. I am currently setting up another tank purely to extend this project out. The cross from my Female Tibee above was with an Extreme BKK.

Pinto-02.jpgPinto-01.jpgTaitibee-05.jpg

Thank you all for asking and keeping me positive through this long journey. It is your support that has kept me on this path to success.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add another picture of this F1 Taitibee. Growing up!

Pinto-03.jpg