bostoneric

new SL-Aqua Liquids: Blue Wizard, TM-1, and Purify!

Just got my latest update of products from SL-Aqua... new liquids and foods!

SL-Aqua Purify

300ml $18

500ml $26

Purify will decompose organic waste such as ammonia, ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, and other harmful substances quickly building water ecological balance.

Purify_description_grande.jpg

SL-Aqua Blue Wizard - liquid remineralizer

250ml $18

500ml $26

SL-Aqua Blue Wizard Water Conditioner offers aquatic animals essential minerals to aid in thick shell growth, strong pigmentation, and greater survival rate. Passes strict SGS testing to ensure comprised of only the highest quality components.  Contains Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Potassium, and other quality minerals. sage: adding 10ml into 100 liters (~25 gallons) will increase roughly 1dGH.

Blue_Wizard_description_grande.jpg

SL-Aqua TM-1

250ml $18.99

SL-Aqua TM-1 Nutrient Solution is a complex nutrient solution, includes a variety of rich trace elements (Phosphorus, Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium ...). Improves shrimp immunity, increases spawning, greater growth, stronger color, and also increases the ability of plants to absorb nutrients. 
TM-1 Nutrient Solution is the best nutritional source for your aquatic organisms, makes them stronger, healthier and beautiful!

TM1_description_grande.jpg

Awesome! So many choices available, we need a shootout between the brands :P

want... want... and want... ha ha

I do get a bit overwhelmed by all of the products out there but it still amazes me when they have things like this. 

What's the dosing for TM-1

2ml per 10L of water during water change maintenance.

I'm trying to decide between blood diamond and TM-1. Any advise?

they are similar but different. one big thing that makes them different is blood diamond has chitlin in it, while TM-1 does not. SL-Aqua puts chitlin in their Vitality packages.

Thanks, after this bottle of blood diamond I am going to phase my tanks over to tm-1. Just ordered some vitality, I'll hold of on using that until I get the tm-1.

What does TM-1 do exactly?

TM-1 is a complex nutrient solution, includes a variety of rich trace elements (Phosphorus, Iron, Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium ...). Improves shrimp immunity, increases spawning, greater growth, stronger color, and also increases the ability of plants to absorb nutrients. 

TM-1 Nutrient Solution is the best nutritional source for your aquatic organisms, makes them stronger, healthier and beautiful!

anyone switch from mk breed blood diamond to tm-1? I did and my PRL don't seem to like it, my tigers and TB seem fine, but my PRL seem to be loosing some white coloring. TM-1 + vitality is the only change I have made to the tank.

Turns out it was the fact that I was under-dosing. The bottle says each pump is 2ml, that is way off. After realizing this I began using a syringe like I was doing with blood diamond to get the proper dosage. As a result the shrimp are happier and their color is back. 

Shows you just how important trace minerals are.

Turns out it was the fact that I was under-dosing. The bottle says each pump is 2ml, that is way off. After realizing this I began using a syringe like I was doing with blood diamond to get the proper dosage. As a result the shrimp are happier and their color is back. 

Shows you just how important trace minerals are.

for sure best way to go is using something to measure exact amounts. pumps are easy but far from foolproof or exact.  glad you figured it out!

Eric, could you help me clarify another point on TM-1 dosing?

I understand the 2mL dosing per 10L of new water at water change..........completely doable.

It's the maintenance dosing that concerns me........the instructions state 10mL per 20L once weekly.  I have a 40G breeder (~160L, 151 to be exact).  That would mean I need to dose ~80mL per week, or roughly a 1/3rd of a bottle.  Is this just one of the downsides to having a big tank, or could you recommend a more reasonable dosing schedule?

Additionally (and I realize this isn't a product you carry), but I set up the tank with Mosura Old Sea Mud.  It's given instructions state that if used at tank setup, no additional dosing is needed for the first 6 months.  How would this figure into my above line of questioning?

Appreciate your and anyone else's response........my shadow pandas seem to have lost their "shadow" and my blue bolts aren't as blue as when they were received.  I'm trying to figure out what role trace elements may have to play in their decline in coloration.  Big thanks!

On 7/29/2015 at 4:23 PM, bostoneric said:

Sure happy to help. I'll send you a PM since we'll probably exchange a bunch of msgs about this.

Hey Eric,

Know this is an old thread.  But i'm slowly moving over to using only SL Aqua line.   I've recently up 3 tanks via SL aqua cycling method and things have completed and good to go.

I've gotten a new order of:

Purify

TM-1

Blue Wizard

Anything to worry about when using these products in conjunction together?  

Blue Wizard - 10ML to 100L of water raises GH 1 point?  How many ML in a pump?    I'm generally filling 5G buckets.

8 hours ago, HBdirtbag said:

Hey Eric,

Know this is an old thread.  But i'm slowly moving over to using only SL Aqua line.   I've recently up 3 tanks via SL aqua cycling method and things have completed and good to go.

I've gotten a new order of:

Purify

TM-1

Blue Wizard

Anything to worry about when using these products in conjunction together?  

Blue Wizard - 10ML to 100L of water raises GH 1 point?  How many ML in a pump?    I'm generally filling 5G buckets.

You would have a easier time reaching him through face book groups, since hes on there a lot more.

As far as your question goes, using the 3 products you listed above should be fine. I use them in conjunction with no issues. Normally its about 1 pump = 1 ML.....per GH point... but that's a rough estimation. I've heard some people say it's different from bottle to bottle. Most gauge it off of TDS.... pump enough to get to around 100-110 TDS which should be about 4-5 GH