Wine Red versus Red Panda

Though this may be an easy topic, I still get corrected by many when attempting to tell the difference. 

What are the differences between Wine Red, Ruby Red, Red Panda, Ruby Red Dragon, etc?

I thought it was the variation of red and if the Taiwan Bee has a panda pattern. If anyone has pictures to help distinguish the differences I think that would be fantastic.

Thank you all!

Daryl/DETAquarium

Dragon Red Wine:

post-210-142851822973_thumb.jpg

Ruby Red:

post-210-142851824307_thumb.jpg

Red Wine:

post-210-142851825695_thumb.jpg

The Ruby Red could also be considered "dragon" due to the characterized black marbling of its red coverage areas. The Dragon Red Wine photo is probably a better indication of the marbling I mentioned.

Shrimp belongs to a buddy. He gave me a few of this Ruby Red/Red Wine that carries the genetics for the Dragon Bloodline. Some folks likes it, some don't. Depends on the keeper I suppose.

Personally, I adore the marbling.

Fantastic. Exactly what I wanted to reference Shrimpfan, thank you. So in my experience I always see the term Red Wine, as in the chart I have below. I never see Red Panda, is Red Panda used interchangeably with Red Wine? Meaning the same distinction?

post-127-0-63984000-1428518917_thumb.jpg

Panda is the Wine Red with bands.

Wine Red is the generic name of Red Kingkong.

Red KK = Wine Red, which includes Ruby Red ( full red coverage), Stripes ( One or Two narrow stripes on back), Panda ( Bands). Hino/No Entry, Mosura.

It would seems so. I've also never heard the term Red Panda used for red wines but it could be one of those geographical things. Japanese breeders have Mothra bees but overhere we call them Mosura Blue Taiwan Bee.

My assumption is that red wine and red panda are one and the same.

There's too many names. Feels like a cool name would fetch a higher resale price. Hence, I opt for looks. Can't play the catchup game with so many brands and names out there.

It would seems so. I've also never heard the term Red Panda used for red wines but it could be one of those geographical things. Japanese breeders have Mothra bees but overhere we call them Mosura Blue Taiwan Bee.

My assumption is that red wine and red panda are one and the same.

There's too many names. Feels like a cool name would fetch a higher resale price. Hence, I opt for looks. Can't play the catchup game with so many brands and names out there.

Red Panda is only one kind of Wine Red, which has Bands.

This is Wine Red Panda:

post-210-142851825695_thumb.jpg

Wine Red One stripe:

_1.JPG

Wine Red Hinomaru:

maxresdefault.jpg

Wine Red Mosura:

fwinverts1337383441.jpg

Somebody would call extreme, one stripe and two stripes as Ruby Red.

Myself only calls extreme as Ruby Red.

Thank you James. Helps quite a bit. Had many people tell me when I call a shrimp Wine Red, no that's not a Wine Red its a Red Panda..... Ultimately I think everyone is on the same page, just different terminology.

It's seem hard to find a good WR line that produces light reds and not that dark dragon color.

MK Pao has deep red WR without Dragon swirls.

It's seem hard to find a good WR line that produces light reds and not that dark dragon color.

It's because too many NA keep their pandas and red wines together. Red Wine x Pandas is the combination for dragons.

Isn't it funny how NA always seek cost effect methods but ultimate lose out on the long term prospects. Similar to the cutting corners methods of mixing Goldens x CRS methods to get better patterns, long term we lost out on coloration. [emoji17]

I remember buying my first pair of red wines years ago. They were so beautifully colored and had a really cute dimple like markings on their cheeks. Sadly I was inexperienced with keeping Taiwan Bee at the time and they died. To date, those were the best looking Red Wines I owned.

That's why my new approach to shrimp keeping is patiences and dedication. Doing it slow but right, rather than cutting corners and regretting it later on.

Perfect! Plan and simple. Thank you, I wonder why they left shadow pandas off.